• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Tandon TM-100 FS/T

wmmullaney

Veteran Member
For sale or trade:
2x Tandon TM-100-4, and 1x TM-100-3 All Built around '83

These are the full-height drives found in the early CP/M computers

I have no idea if these work,and have no way to hook them up.

I also have no idea what they are worth, so I'm open to offers. They seem to be rarish, at least on ebay with BIN of around $40. This may be completely out of the ball park, as there are some all the way into the $100s.

For trade, I could really use an ok looking Apple IIc and/or IIc crt monitor

Last edited:
Will, the TM-100-4 is a 96 tpi drive. I don't think it was ever used on any PC--you saw them used on a lot of CP/M boxes. however--you may want to post a link there. FWIW, the -4Ms are 100 tpi and fairly rare.

Thanks for the corrections, Chuck. I remember reading the full height t100s were used in the PC and PCxt, either I got the extension wrong (that was -2a) or that source wasn't credible. So these drives would not work in a PC?

Just checked again, they aren't 4m, just -3 and -4, SSQD and DSQD respectively, 360 and 720kb. They actually came out of the same box as those 8080 cards, but have no way to interface to it.

I also have an MPI 51m from april '81. I have a guy who might be interested, but he hasn't emailed back.

Thanks again, Will

Will,

When I first got my 5150, it came with one 48 tpi drive (and 64K). That's kind of limiting when you want to do development, so I added a Micropolis 1115-VI 96 tpi drive and did some tweaking to PC DOS to get it to work. The extra 720K was great until I put a Shugart SA1000 8" hard drive on the system for a massive 4MB of storage--by then I was using PC DOS 2.0.

So yeah, you can use these on a PC (declare them as 720K 3.5" drives--but you may have to write your own driver for the -3 to get the full 360K--I don't believe that there's a standard DOS 80 track, single-sided format.

Back