• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Tandy Sensation Power supply

Waybackwhen

Hi, I'm looking for repair or a possible replacement power supply for my first computer the Tandy Sensation model 25-1650.
I can't find a lot of parts so any ideas if there's a way to replace it with something else that could fit?

Sorry, but your options are pretty slim. The best way would be to repair it yourself, but if you aren't inclined to learn how to solder, your only hope is to find someone who has the equipment and the knowledge to be able to fix it properly. Check local ads or ebay for a possible electronics repair person perhaps.

Hi, I figured that was what it would take and just got it back today and the old girl fired up to Windows 95! It will be a fun weekend to dig out the old games after hooking up the added amplifier and speakers to the sandblaster 16 I remember upgrading with along with a hot at that time of a NEC 3xi cd drive! I true nostalgia weekend!!

Can you give some dimensions? I have a bunch of weird size AT power supplies that MAY work...

If the voltages are apparent and it doesn’t have a strange soft power or sense lines you can probably build an external supply to be wired into the proprietary plugs and what not
You probably could but why not just repair the original PS? More than likely it's a blown fuse with a popped cap.

I have strange size AT connector power supplies out of small machines, docking stations and routers whatnot. Can I get an idea of the size I might have something to replace it with...

That looks like a regular size AT power supply. I have a few of them if needed. What wattage is it? 140w?

That looks like a regular size AT power supply. I have a few of them if needed. What wattage is it? 140w?
My Sensation is setting in its original box in my loft with a busted P/S (since 2013). It's just been on the back burner and I don't know when, if ever, that I'll get back to it. Check out this link from the past:

https://forum.vcfed.org/index.php?threads/tandy-sensation-486sx-25-1650.39605/

The P/S is definitely Tandy proprietary and rated at 100 watts. That doesn't mean one couldn't cobble something together, as that is what I was doing when I got side tracked and put it up.

I'm been learning how to troubleshoot and repair circuits because of this very issue. Unfortunately, power supplies are like one of the most complicated things to learn on. :\

Back