• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Tandy T-1000 RL HD

bettablue

Veteran Member
Everything I've been told about this machine has been positive, but I'm not into collecting Tandy computers other than what you see in my signature. Well, I have this complete system with the original Tandy CGA colow graphics card, and monitor, and a Tandy keyboard with what looks like a ps2 connection. The original owner told me it was a 286, but again, I'm not sure.

At this point, I'm selling the entire system as-is. The computer works, and everything powers on, but I currently don't have a lot of space to set it up. The computer has been stored in a smoke free home, and kept very clean. This computer looks almost like brand new! Best offer plus shipping takes the set up. I'lll send photos to interested parties. It is a very nice system with 3.5" 1.44 Meg floppy drive and a 40 Meg internal hard disk. It even has a serial mouse connected, and it works too.

Make me an offer, and let's make a deal!

Thanks for reading

I'm connecting the system today to see what I can see. If it is an 8088, that really makes me wonder, but as in all thing in the past, I'll take what this group tells me as truth until proven otherwise. I'll give it a go as soon as everything is connected and running. I would also love that utility though, just in case I do need it.

Still, the system is up for sale, Main computer, original tandy monitor, keyboard and mouse.

Almost any utility or diagnostic program will identify the CPU for you (and us). :) If you need one, lemme know.

The 1000RL uses a 9.54 MHz 8086, so it is an XT-class machine. However, with 16-bit onboard video and an onboard IDE-XT "SmartDrive" interface with DMA and 1:1 interleave (at least when using a Seagate ST-351A/X), it runs unusually quick for an XT. Also unusually for an XT-class machine, it has PS/2 mouse and keyboard ports (although the keyboard still uses the XT interface, so a modern PS/2 keyboard won't work unless it is XT/AT compatible).

The 1000RL uses a 9.54 MHz 8086, so it is an XT-class machine. However, with 16-bit onboard video and an onboard IDE-XT "SmartDrive" interface with DMA and 1:1 interleave (at least when using a Seagate ST-351A/X), it runs unusually quick for an XT. Also unusually for an XT-class machine, it has PS/2 mouse and keyboard ports (although the keyboard still uses the XT interface, so a modern PS/2 keyboard won't work unless it is XT/AT compatible).

Also, the PS/2 mice use IRQ12, but this computer only has low IRQs available, and uses IRQ3 if I recall correctly. Works with CTMOUSE driver in DOS, but Windows doesn't care for it. An IBM Model M (non-Lexmark at least) should work beautifully with it.

Back