• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Tandy word processor

NathanAllan

Veteran Member
Does anyone know where I can find disks for the Tandy WP-100 word processor? It takes 3-inch disks and it works perfectly, the wheel isn't even dry!! But it takes those types of disks and I would love to use it and be able to SAVE something. There's no external ports for other storage, either, a shame. I like the thing, the owner really took great care of it.

I also have a Magnavox processor, but can't dig it up right now for the model number. It takes normal disks but the wheel is dry and the paper slides, loses its alignment really easy.

Figured this could go here, in the "Other" category.

Later,
Nathan

UPDATE:

I found out why this machine was done away with. I finally got my habds on a disk for it, from an older SmithCorona word processor (it was shot, shoaked with water several times and blasted by desert winds) and when the floppy is accessed the thing freezes totally and the floppy drive spins constantly. Works great if you don't want to save anything and might be a great case for a C= with a built in printer (!) but that's the storey about that.

I got the tandy along with a bunch of other stuff from an old airfield here near El Paso. Got two whole truckloads of stuff and seems the guy used everything till the smoke came out of 'em. Still have stuff to go through from that truckload but I think it'll be mostly parts. Just an update. Probably the last one. Who knows.

Nathan

Back