• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Tano Dragon 64 needs Power Supply...

Al Hartman

Veteran Member
Not sure this is right place to post this, but since the Dragon is a Coco work-alike...

I’ve started bringing my prototype Tano Dragon 64 back to life. I used to work for Spectrum Projects in the early 1980's, and Bob Rosen got a prototype American Tano Dragon 64 from Tano to evaluate. When he was done with it, he took out the CPU, SAM and ROMs and sold what was left of it to me.

Recently, I decided to revive it. I found the ROM files on-line at the World of Dragon website, and downloaded them.

I found two 27128 EPROMS, verified they were erased, and burned them with files I downloaded.

Those are now installed in the Dragon with replacement CPU and SAM chips. My only hurdle is that I can't find the power supply.

Does anyone have a source for Dragon Power supplies?

I sent an e-mail to California Digital to see if they had any spares, but all I get back is a canned message.

I know I had it when I lived in Philadelphia, but what box it is in now... I have no idea.

Also, I need to make a replacement label, as my Dragon has no label on top. So, a good scan of a label would be helpful. Thanks!

I found a copy of the case label on Oldcomputers.net and printed it out:

https://flic.kr/p/x4t9YN

I gave up for now and ordered a Dragon from California Digital. I'll use the Power supply and leave the rest of the unit alone. If and when I find my power supply, I'll just resell it and get as much of my money back out of it as I can. It's the best I can do right now.

Back