• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Tano Dragon 64

Hello everyone.
My name is Marcelo. I live in Argentina and I have a Dragon 64 from Tano.

I see some older posts in this forum there was a person who took orders. And I want to buy a new boxed unused.
Who is the user who should I ask ?.

Thank you,
Best regards.

Hello everyone.
My name is Marcelo. I live in Argentina and I have a Dragon 64 from Tano.

I see some older posts in this forum there was a person who took orders. And I want to buy a new boxed unused.
Who is the user who should I ask ?.

Thank you,
Best regards.

California Digital is selling them for 49 USD each. Shipping to Argentina might be expensive though.

Try to e-mail them at catalog@cadigital.com

Thank you very much.
I hope they make shipments to Argentina. Or I'll have to find someone in the US who come on holiday here and bring my new Dragon! :p

Thanks for your answers!

Regards,
Marcelo.

I think that is their "paypal" e-mail address. but prolly both addresses go into the same mailbox i guess. Shipping is possible but usally quite expensive if it's out of the US. At least to Europe i think he quoted me like "90 USD" for shipping. Not sure if it's much cheaper to argentina. But hell yeah, Tano Dragon 64 Brand new in the box. I guess it's one of these rare cases where it's still a bargain even if shipping is twice the price of the item...

Hello. Thanks for your answers and help.
Shipping to Argentina is 102 USD.

Here in Argentina, we have high customs duties and (for now) we can only get 2 international packages annually.

Ideally, someone on vacation or for work could bring the package. Before, I had a friend who was a pilot and brought me some machines. So I was not so expensive. But this person already retired! :-(

I hope to fulfill my dream of having a new Dragon !.

Greetings to all and thanks again.

Last edited:
Well. the Dragons themselves are $49.00, and shipping to NC is going to be considered East Coast, so that would be $35.00. They are 110v US NTSC models. To place an order, you need to send Paypal for the price of the computer plus shipping to laser@cadigital.com, make sure you send in the comments that you want a dragon, and your shipping address. If you go on YouTube, there's a nice video that shows you what you'll get in the box.

My unit just shipped a few days ago, so I haven't gotten it yet.

Thanks!

Were Dragons originally sold in the US?

The Tano Dragons were specially manufactured to be marketed in the US. They didn't sell much which is why there still a lot of stock remaining. Problem was Tano's prices were higher than Radio Shack's for roughly equivalent systems in 1984.

Yep.. I saw the exec command..

I noticed 16k Microsoft interpreter thinking it was reporting 16k as system memory. Print Mem showed 24k and then after 'exec' reported 41k

All is great.. thanks!

Are these still available? I'm interested in buying one.

My coco2 computers keep falling apart and I'm getting tired of literally ordering parts from Outer Mongolia.

Are these still available? I'm interested in buying one.

You'll need to ask California Digital if they have any left:
http://www.cadigital.com/computer.htm

My coco2 computers keep falling apart and I'm getting tired of literally ordering parts from Outer Mongolia.

Keep in mind the Dragon is only partially software-compatible with the CoCo. Most CoCo games and programs required some conversion before it would run on the Dragon.

I know I'm waaaay too late to the party, but the link above seems to be no longer working and I do wonder if they're still selling them.

Does anybody know if they're still around or am I THAT late to the party?

Back