• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Tano Dragon 64

Paul R

I have about 50 Tano Dragon 64 Computers to sell.
Brand new in box.

Original Box advertisements:
*Advanced 6809 Microprocessor
*Powerful 64K RAM
*Extended Microsoft Basic
*Professional Quality Keyboard
*Free Basic Training Manual
*9 Color Display
*5 Different Resolutions up to 256 X 192
*Sound and Music Capability
*Uses home VHF TV set
*Uses Standard Cassette Recorder

$30 Each plus shipping.
(If there is anyone that wants multiples email me for special bulk pricing - prossiter @ emcsolutions.com)

Located in SLC, UT

CIMG0489.jpg

CIMG0490.jpg

CIMG0491.jpg

Tano Dragon

Tano Dragon

I am from Istanbul/Turkey...how much does shipping cost to Istanbul/Turkey?

Not bad - $45 at CA Digital, although they will drop to $35 if you pressure them...so $30 is a decent deal. Always good to buy from forum members, as well.

I might be interested in taking one - lemme finish buying this laptop I'm getting, and I'll see what's left over ;)

T

Not sure if this guy is coming back, actually. I sent a message not too long after he posted and never heard back. I actually got one from CA and one from eBay, but the price was fair so I thought it would be good to have a third just in case.

I've had fine communication with him so far. I bought two, so I'll post when they arrive just to give some validity incase anyone's concerned.

Now, you KNOW those puppies will take CoCo hardware, as there is even a replacement ROM for the Tandy FDD controllers - SuperDOS I think it is? Check around the nitros9.sourceforge.net site. Ya MIGHT have to go into the "Browse Source Repository" or whatever it is, but in there somewhere, there is a SuperDOS ROM to drop in the Tandy FDC's, and make them work with the Dragon. I think NitrOS9 (Level 1 / 6809) support the Dragon 64.

T

ps - I FINALLY found my Disto SC II controller for my CoCo collection!
WoooHooooooooo!

T

i'm back

i'm back

Hey I apologize that I haven't been controlling the site as I should. Busy with school and work LOL. I have sold a few units arleady, some internationally(austria) and just to respond to a few of those requests it costs about 50$ usd in shipping for that. I am looking to move all of these in the next few months so i can for sure apply discounts to bulk orders and other special situations. I will regulate the site more often!

Paul

Got mine - Paul was quick to ship, came rather quicker than I expected.

Wanna have some fun - get a Tandy CoCo FDD+FDC, change out the ROM (ask me for the image to burn to EPROM) and ya got an FDD-based Dragon! Plus, the puppy will run NitrOS9

There's a few sites out there with bunches of disks for the puppies - dragonarchive.co.uk I think is one?
:)

T

OK - Now that we have our dragons, anyone need a composite cable?
I'm gonna run off a few. Connector is on the left side, composite out and mono audio out.

Need one? send a note to sharkonwheels at g|\/|ail.com

I'll also be working on getting PROMs burned - I'm gonna try doing a switchable 27C128, as there are (2) DOS's available for Dragons.
If you have a Tandy CoCo compatible controller which has a 28-pin socket (FD-502, and MAYBE FD-501 - forgot) with a WD 17x3 FDC chip, you're good.
I think the WD1773, 1793, and Fujitsu MB8877(A) are compatible.

If you have one of the 24-pin socketed units, you will need to go to cloud9tech.com and order a DOS adapter - they're $20, and support dual-banked (two 8K dos's) in a 27C128.

Many 3rd party FDC's for the CoCO supported (2) DOS's, usually a 24-pin socket for the stock Tandy Disk Basic, and a 28-pin for something else, like ADOS, etc... HDS, J&M, etc.. made 28-pin socketed FDC's, or dual-DOS FDC's

T

Success!

Was able to make the cable - just made a nasty super-quick one.
Got a 3-pack of 3ft MIDI cables at radio shack, $12.99, and some RCA connectors, soldered the video wires up, and SIGNAL!

Also, blew the SuperDOS E6 onto a 27C64, popped it in a Tandy FD-502, and Voila! SuperDOS E6 came up on the Dragon.

Will try some disks tomorrow - too late to make noise dragging an FDD from the garage. Will also try NitrOS9 Level 1 to see how it goes.

Dang it looks strange having that old green-screen up on a 42" plasma TV!

T

Back