• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Tecmar Inc '1st Mate' card, looking for info.

Chr$

Experienced Member
This is a Tecmar 1st Mate multifunction card. I can find details about the larger (more RAM) Captain version, but nothing on this model.

Anyone know where I can find details about the switch/jumper settings etc?

Thanks.

20210903_141025.jpg

Attachments

• 20210903_141025.jpg
    20210903_141025.jpg
    181.9 KB · Views: 9
  • 20210903_141025.jpg
    20210903_141025.jpg
    181.9 KB · Views: 9
Having had a good play around with this, I'm afraid I still can't help much with the jumpers/switches in case anyone reads this with the same card, as I have no RAM on the card so both my switch blocks are all 'open' (they seem to deal with the RAM start and size). I didn't touch the jumpers as I already had working serial and parallel ports from the card.

I was unable to detect or use the RTC though, but I stumbled upon the Tecmar 'Treasure Chest' which includes a few little utility programs including dostime and settime. I ran these and was able to detect the clock, set the clock and make it update the DOS time/date on each boot from the autoexec.bat.

Tecmar Treasure Chest files attached as a zip.

Attachments

• Tecmar Treasure.zip
    173.5 KB · Views: 7
Just following up on this post to see if any new information has surfaced? I have two of these cards both populated with memory but no idea how the switches should be set because they are set differently. The Captain card has only one dip switch bank so seems unlikely they are the same.

Surely someone had a manual for this lying around?

Back