• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Tektronix 4051 / 4052 / 4052A / 4054 / 4054A Program Archives

Tektronix 4051 owners - vintagetek.org now has their new, redesigned 4051 MaxiROM pack available!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/114755997680

attachment.php

This ROM Pack will allow 4051 owners to run lots more programs in my github repository, including the R12 Enhanced Graphics programs which also include MUSIC!

Last edited:
New program - Fractals in Focus

New program - Fractals in Focus

I received a new program for the Tektronix 4050 computers from Jack Miller called Fractals in Focus.

Jack ported this program from an 80-Micro May 1985 article titled Fractals in Focus.

The program in the article was designed for the Tandy Model III computer with the high resolution (640x240) graphics adapter installed.

Jack's program takes full advantage of the 1024x780 vector resolution of the 4050 series computers, and their ability to scale the display to different data ranges with a WINDOW command.

I have posted Jack's original program which runs on a 4052A or 4054A computer, and my modified version which restricts the variable naming to one character and one number, on my github site, along with several screenshots.

https://github.com/mmcgraw74/Tektronix-4051-4052-4054-Program-Files/tree/master/Fractals_in_Focus

Here is an example screenshot taken from running the 4050 version of the program on the 405x Emulator:

attachment.php

The actual Fractal data pattern is displayed at the bottom of the screen, based on your input of # Sides, # Levels and Fractal, Inverse or Both.

Very educational!

NEW Tektronix BLACKJACK Game!

NEW Tektronix BLACKJACK Game!

I was going through my USB flash key looking at old captured files and found a Blackjack game that I had on a games tape, that I believe was a Tektronix demo tape with demo programs and games.

I did a couple of fixes on the graphics and added a BLACKJACK title. The game supports 1 to 5 Players against the computer (Dealer).

attachment.php

When it is your turn, you press the User Definable Key 1 (UDK 1) if you want a HIT of another card from the dealer. Or press UDK 6 to PASS, or UDK 10 if you were dealt two 10 point cards and want to double-down your bet and take one more card which is dealt down and turned up when all players complete their turns.

After everyone quits the game, the computer displays a graph of the Balances for each player.

attachment.php

I also tested Blackjack on my 4052, and the "HIT?" text is continuously refreshed for the current player, making the text brighter - which is an effect you don't get on the emulator.

Universal version of the Blackjack program and the screenshots have been uploaded to my repository:

Tektronix 4050 Blackjack Game

I'm continuing to clean up old captures and found another Tektronix 4051 game that has not been posted before: SUB HUNT

This file was on the same tape from a 4051 owner around 2000. He couldn't read the tape, so I managed to read the tape and make a copy. My latest capture of my copy of this tape had an incomplete image of the Sub Hunt program.

I went back and used my latest tape dump utility the the original tape and got several more lines of code, but still incomplete as line 2000 is obviously not the end of the program. It looked like line 2000 was accessed on a KILL and I saw line 1050 in the program was a PRINT statement for a KILL, so I added 2010 GO TO 1050.

I fixed the random number generator (the reference manual indicates -1 parameter should only be used once to set an initial random number and 1 or higher is used on subsequent RND calls to get the random sequence from that starting point.

I also added instructions - as this program requires use of the User Definable Keys.

Here are a couple of screenshots: a sub KILL, sub Escaped, and my new instructions.

BTW - the lines on the "sub escaped" screenshot are the actual movement of the submarine during this game.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Sub KILL.png Views:	0 Size:	7.9 KB ID:	1203330

Click image for larger version  Name:	Sub Escaped Detection.png Views:	0 Size:	9.1 KB ID:	1203333

Click image for larger version  Name:	Sub Hunt Instructions.png Views:	0 Size:	8.6 KB ID:	1203334

Universal format program and screenshots added to my games/uni format github folder.

https://github.com/mmcgraw74/Tektronix-4051-4052-4054-Program-Files/blob/master/Games/Games%20in%20uni%20format/Sub_Hunt.uni

Attachments

• Sub KILL.png
    Sub KILL.png
    7.9 KB · Views: 1
  • Sub Escaped Detection.png
    Sub Escaped Detection.png
    9.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Sub Hunt Instructions.png
    Sub Hunt Instructions.png
    8.6 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Very interesting! I like that CALL statement in BASIC listings that is used similar technique in TI-99/4A BASIC programming.

In 1980s, I took computer graphics course at Gallaudet University in Washington DC and learned how to write Pascal programs to send graphics commands to 4027A color terminal from DEC VAX 8650 computer.

I was looking for Tek 4027A emulator but can't find any emulator but found only Tek 405x emulators. I found Tek 4027A technical manual that provides complete specification for implementing Tek 4027A color terminal emulator but I do not have ROM 4027A dumps yet.

Tim

STARGATE art - from Creative Computing magazine article

During my searches for Tektronix 4050 series computer programs on the internet, I found this program in Creative Computing magazine, May-June 1978 issue.
Joe Jacobson was the author and used a 4051 computer to develop the program.

attachment.php

I typed in his program and posted it in a new "Computer Art" folder on my repository, along with a higher res screenshot of the article:
Computer-Art

Here is my screenshot of running this program on the 405x javascript emulator of the 4051 - the pixelation is due to the emulator, the lines are perfectly straight on the 4050 computers :)

attachment.php

I added one line of code to the authors program to move the blinking cursor to the center of the Stargate.

Yeah. I read some creative computing magazines at my university library and learned a lot about many interesting graphics outputs. I did not know which computers that users use for until now. I now know that they use Tek 4050 computer series to produce wire-frame graphics outputs. I will download Tek 4050 emulator and software libraries to try that.

Does anyone know any Tek 4050 user manuals to learn how to use it and write BASIC programs?

Thanks,
Tim

Yeah. I read some creative computing magazines at my university library and learned a lot about many interesting graphics outputs. I did not know which computers that users use for until now. I now know that they use Tek 4050 computer series to produce wire-frame graphics outputs. I will download Tek 4050 emulator and software libraries to try that.

Does anyone know any Tek 4050 user manuals to learn how to use it and write BASIC programs?

Thanks,
Tim

Tim,

You are in luck - we have a wealth of Tektronix 4051/4052/4054 manuals available on bitsavers.org:

http://www.bitsavers.org/pdf/tektronix/405x/

To get started, I recommend these manuals from that link:

Code:
 [TABLE]
 	 		[TR]
 		[/TR]
 		[TR]
 		[/TR]
 		[TR]
 			[TD] [/TD]
 			[TD] [/TD]
 			[TD="align: right"] [/TD]
 		[/TR]
 		[TR]
 			[TD] [/TD]
 		[/TR]
 		[TR]
 			[TD] [/TD]
 		[/TR]
 		[TR]
 			[TD] [/TD]
 		[/TR]
 		[TR]
 			[TD][U][B][URL="http://www.bitsavers.org/pdf/tektronix/405x/070-1940-01_4050_oper_Mar80.pdf"]070-1940-01_4050_oper_Mar80.pdf[/URL][/B][/U][/TD]
 			[TD="align: right"]2004-01-17 23:32[/TD]
 			[TD="align: right"]15M[/TD]
 		[/TR]
 		[TR]
 			[TD][U][B][URL="http://www.bitsavers.org/pdf/tektronix/405x/070-2056-01_4050_ref_Jul79.pdf"]070-2056-01_4050_ref_Jul79.pdf[/URL][/B][/U][/TD]
 			[TD="align: right"]2004-01-18 01:36[/TD]
 			[TD="align: right"]22M[/TD]
 		[/TR]
 		[TR]
 			[TD][U][B][URL="http://www.bitsavers.org/pdf/tektronix/405x/070-2058-01_PLOT_50_Introduction_to_Programming_in_BASIC_Sep1978.pdf"]070-2058-01_PLOT_50_Introduction_to_Programming_in_BASIC_Se p1978.pdf[/URL][/B][/U][/TD]
 			[TD="align: right"]2012-02-21 09:17[/TD]
 			[TD="align: right"]24M[/TD]
 		[/TR]
 		[TR]
 			[TD][U][B][URL="http://www.bitsavers.org/pdf/tektronix/405x/070-2059-01_PLOT50_IntroGfxBASIC_Jul81.pdf"]070-2059-01_PLOT50_IntroGfxBASIC_Jul81.pdf[/URL][/B][/U][/TD]
 			[TD="align: right"]2006-04-07 14:34[/TD]
 			[TD="align: right"]9.0M[/TD]
 		[/TR]
 	 [/TABLE]

You should be able to manually enter and run their example programs in the 405x emulator.

Currently the 405x emulator only supports loading one file - and does not understand accessing another file (I hope someone can fix that issue :) )

I don't know why I haven't uploaded the 4050 System Tape, which includes 4050 BASIC tutorial programs.

I'll work on posting the files from that tape right now!

Last edited:
It took longer than I thought to recover a Tektronix Plot50: System Software Tape for the 4050 computers.

I searched several piles of Tektronix DC300 tapes inside the house and located seven of these tapes.

I found two in the back of Tektronix manual binder, and tried to simply replace the broken, moldy drive belt with my favorite DC6250 drive belt and had no luck recovering any of the files.

At that point, I decided to dehydrate all seven tapes (48 hours at 135F in a food dehydrator with multiple shelves).

I let them cool overnight and picked Tape#7 in the photo below (Tape#1 and Tape#2 on the top right were the two tapes I tried before dehydrating and may now be damaged).

Click image for larger version  Name:	Seven SysVer Tapes ready to bake.jpg Views:	10 Size:	217.5 KB ID:	1205661

Tape#7 was my lucky first pick - I recovered 103 of the 104 files in my first attempt with my TapeDump8 program, which reads EVERY block on the tape including the header block, and encodes BINARY PROGRAM or BINARY DATA files into two HEX characters per byte and transmits the result to a PC serial terminal program like RealTerm. Tapedump also captures SECRET programs (ASCII or BINARY) as HEX characters.

Since Tape#7 could not read file#2, I picked tape#4 (bottom of the middle row of tapes in the photo), as it appeared to NOT have been rewound to the beginning.
I was able to get a second tapedump file with file#2 successfully recovered! Now I had all 104 files in tapedump format after trying four different tapes.

My process to recover each of the files in the resulting tapedump is to use Notepad++ (be sure to turn on View | Show Symbol | Show All Characters)
  1. Start by editing the tapedump file, find every line in the file with " ASC" - which is typically the header line if all the files are ASCII Programs or DATA.
  2. Find the beginning of the file to edit by double-clicking the line in the resulting search which navigates to that line in the tapedump file
  3. Find the first line or beginning of DATA (skip the 256 byte block including the header)
  4. Select all the lines up to the end of the program (typically a carriage return at the beginning of a line - with exceptions for CRs inside PRINT statements)
  5. Copy the selected lines to a new file in Notepad++
  6. Look for CRs inside PRINT statements and replace each of them with Ctrl-Underscore (insert Ctrl-Underscore by holding down the ALT key and typing 031)
  7. Save this file with the filenumber as a .uni (universal) file
  8. Repeat steps 2 through 7 for each file in the tape dump
All seven of the tapes had the same label, although a couple were labeled BACKUP, as Tektronix put two tapes in the back of the 4050 Operators Manual binder.
Since I had some tapes from Stan Griffiths who worked at Tektronix, two of the tapes (including Tape#1 and Tape#7) had a MASTER COPY stamp on top of the label.

MASTER COPY.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	MASTER COPY.jpg Views:	8 Size:	196.0 KB ID:	1205662

All seven tapes had the same version: Version 2 Level 2, Modification No 020-0160-03, Identification 939

Since file 104 on the recovered tape demonstrated a couple of 4054 features, this is likely the newest PLOT 50: System Software Tape.

What is the PLOT50: System Software Tape? Here is the screenshot of running file 1 on the 405x Emulator:

Programs 1-4 plot functions: Y-only Data, X vs Y Data, Function Plot and Histogram data.

Program 5 begins the tutorial of many of the new BASIC commands in PLOT50 BASIC including graphics commands (includes most of the programs on this tape).

Program 6 (files 98-100) allow the user to verify that all Keyboard keys, Graphics, and Tape are working (I would call this hardware verification).

Program 7 (file 101 and 102) only runs on the 4051 as it uses the CALL "EXEC" command to run an assembly program to test RAM (not the ROM, so I would call this a RAM test, not FIRMWARE).

Program 8 (file 103 and 104) uses the RND(0) to detect one of the two 4054 models, and if detected it runs program 104 to demonstrate the unique features of the 4054 including the higher resolution, the graphic pointer with X and Y thumbwheels on the right side of the keyboard, four character sizes of 9 fonts with vector characters instead of dot matrix characters, and dashed line drawing capabilities using an 8-bit mask to define the on/off dash sequence.

PLOT50_System_Software_Tape_Menu.png - Click image for larger version  Name:	PLOT50_System_Software_Tape_Menu.png Views:	8 Size:	9.0 KB ID:	1205663

Here are the RND(0) values for each of the different 4050 computers from my scan of the quick reference guide which is posted on bitsavers.

Notice there are four different 4054 models: 4054, 4054A and those two with Option 30 Refresh Graphics.

RND(0) detects which 4050 computer model.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	RND(0) detects which 4050 computer model.jpg Views:	8 Size:	42.2 KB ID:	1205664

All files have been uploaded to the github repository:

https://github.com/mmcgraw74/Tektronix-4051-4052-4054-Program-Files/tree/master/4050_PLOT50_System_Software_Tape

Last edited:
I just created a Hilbert curves folder of programs on my repository:
https://github.com/mmcgraw74/Tektronix-4051-4052-4054-Program-Files/tree/master/Hilbert_Curves

I received a request about the 4052/4054A-Series BASIC recursive SUB function - and mentioned the Hilbert space-filling curve example program in Tekniques Vol 6 No 3 Page 30.

Hilbert curve Tekniques V6N3.jpg

Also see more info on Hilbert curves in this wikipedia article: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hilbert_curve...

I entered the program from the article by hand into my 4054A and found it very interesting.

I extended the program to create Order 3 to 6 and used Jos Dreesen's 4052/4054 Multi-function ROM Pack Real-Time Clock to time each plot.

Here is my hand-held iphone video from my Tektronix 4054A showing the program drawing Hilbert curvers of Order 3 to 6 with timing information:
https://share.icloud.com/photos/0aLyBOfTC46APse_V82YIjh-Q

I captured the DRAW X,Y output data from that program over serial interface to my PC and used that data to create Hilbert curve programs that will run on any 4051/4052/4054 computer with 32KB of RAM.

I also posted screenshots of the Order 3,4,5 and 6 Hilbert curves running on the 405x emulator.

HilbertOrder5.png HilbertOrder6.png

It will be easy to modify the programs to plot the curves - simply add @x: to the MOVE and DRAW commands - where x=GPIB or Option 1 Serial address of your 4662 or 4663 plotter.
BTW - the Order 6 program barely fits in 32KB of RAM. The Order 3, 4, and 5 may work in 4051 computers with less than 32KB.

Hi, Al!

Sierpenski triangles - need filled in triangles to look right.

I'm investigating how to do that for the Tektronix.

Monty

I wanted to add the 4051 ROM Checksum program to my Tape Emulator micro SD Card image and found it did not show checksums for ROMs plugged into the 4051 or 4050 ROM Expander, so it will not show checksums for the MAXIROM ROM PACK which emulates a ROM Expander.

I updated my checksum program to include ROM Expanders - which involved a substantial rewrite - as I wanted all the results on one screen.

Can someone with a working 4051 and MAXIROM Pack test my new version? Please test this program with your MAXIROM PACK (or any 4051 ROM PACK) in both backpack slots and post a photo of your checksum results.

*** Safety tip *** Don't remove the ROM PACKs with 4051 powered on. Turn off the power first - wait until the fan stops (gives power supplies a chance to bleed off the voltages) then plug in or remove a ROM PACK.

I'm not aware of any Tektronix post with 4051 16-bit checksums except for the System ROMS and Option 1 COMM ROMs - which were captured in Michael D. Cranford's notes for his original 4051 Checksum program (posted in the same folder as my latest version).

Tektronix 4051 Service Manual Vol1 pages 5-20 and 5-21 list 8-bit checksums for 5 different 4051 System ROM versions and two versions of the Option 1 COMM ROMs, but you have to have the Tektronix System Test Fixture to read those 8-bit checksums.

I posted my updated version on my repository:
https://github.com/mmcgraw74/Tektronix-4051-4052-4054-Program-Files/blob/master/4051_ROM_Checksums/4051%20ROM%20plus%20Expander%20Checksums.UNI

Here is the screenshot running this program on the 405x Emulator:

screen (15).png

While I hope someone will be showing us their 4051 running my Checksum program, I took a look at my 4052/4054 Checksum program and found - I wrote that program when both computers had the same firmware version. Now that 'old' program says my 4054A ROMs have the wrong checksums.

Of course they do - it is completely different firmware for the A-Series. Not to worry - I modified that program to support my 4054A and added auto-detection of all six different computers:
  • 4052A
  • 4054 with Option 30 Dynamic Graphics
  • 4054A
  • 4054A with Option 30 Dynamic Graphics
When you indicate you want to report both the System ROM Checksums AND the ROM Slots - Including 4050 ROM Expanders or Jos Dreesen's 4052/4054 Multi-Function Module which emulates a 4050 ROM Expander - you get all the checksums.

Next I found my 'old' program did not include ALL the 4052/4054 ROM Packs I had - so I added the other ROM Packs to get my new version.

One issue I found - you cannot run my program with the Diagnostic ROMs inside the MFM and report ROM Slot checksums. The issue is - that CRC code gets swapped out of the system when the ROM being measured is swapped in
1f641.png

I need to port Michael D. Cranford's 6800 assembly language Checksum program to the 4052/4054 - so that program runs from RAM like the rest of the BASIC program. Since I don't have the source code, I'll disassemble it and try to figure it out. The "I/O" addresses for the bank switch are different than the 4051, and I have to deal with the RAM versus ROM bank switch to access a ROM while the program is running from RAM. Fortunately, I should be able to use most of the 6800 assembly program since the 4052/4054 microcode emulates all the 6800 opcodes and extends the instruction set with unused 6800 opcodes.

Here is a photo running the latest Checksum version on my 4054A with the 4050 ROM Expander sitting on top of the 4054A. The ROM Expander has eight ROM Slots and you could plug two ROM Expanders into the computer to get 16 option ROMs!

Click image for larger version  Name:	My 4054A with 4050 ROM Expander-sm.jpg Views:	0 Size:	178.9 KB ID:	1225928

Here is a photo of the top of the ROM Expander showing all eight ROM slots are filled!

Click image for larger version  Name:	4050 ROM Expander top view-sm.jpg Views:	0 Size:	186.4 KB ID:	1225929

The front left ROM slot has a TransEra A/D Converter for the 4052/4054. The edge connector on top is cabled to a separate box with the analog inputs on banana posts.

I have been working lately on creating new image files to display on Tektronix 4050 computers.

I posted a new folder in my Tektronix program repository for these images and programs:

https://github.com/mmcgraw74/Tektronix-4051-4052-4054-Program-Files/tree/master/SVG-to-Fast-Graphics-R12

Since vintagetek.org has been selling their updated Tektronix 4051 MAXIROM which includes the Fast Graphics / 4051 R12 Graphics Enhancement ROM,
https://www.ebay.com/itm/115028129145

and 4052/4054 users can purchase Jos Dreesen's 4052/4054 Multi-function ROM Pack (MFM) which not only includes 8 ROMs but adds a TransEra Real-Time-Clock plus Tektronix 4052/4054 Serial Printer Interface:
https://www.vcfed.org/forum/forum/genres/other/76192-tektronix-4052-4054-multifunction-modules-available
which can hold my posting of the 4052 R12 Graphics Enhancement ROM and other great 4052 ROM packs posted on my repo:

In addition to the 4051 MAXIROM, vintagetek.org also has been selling their 4051 RAMPACK https://www.ebay.com/itm/115063476625 which replaces the internal tape drive with solid state storage. They include Micheal D. Cranford's Fast Graphics files preprogrammed into the RAMPACK.

My work with WaveyDipole on a GPIB Flash Drive for all Tektronix 4051/4052/4054 computers is almost ready to offer, and also replaces the internal tape drive with a microSD flash drive and Arduino microcomputer.

One major issue with the 4051/4052/4054 R12 Graphics Enhancement ROM is the CALL "IMAGES" command to read the Fast Graphics files only works with the internal tape drive :(

Michaels' Fast Graphics ROM in the MAXIROM adds the capability to read FG image files from the RAMPACK with a different command.

I found a workaround to do the same thing with a short BASIC program and the GPIB Flash Drive.

The Fast Graphics/R12 image file format uses three 7-bit ASCII characters for each 10-bit X and Y data point including one bit for MOVE/DRAW.
This means the data will include the 32 control characters including Carriage Return (0x0D), and therefore cannot be handled with the INPUT command, which will terminate each INPUT of a character string when it finds a CR and will delete the CR.

My workaround is to use the binary READ command with my Flash Drive - which supports both numeric and string variables, although the maximum string length is limited to 8191 bytes.

The example program below assumes the image data file has been converted from ASCII FG format to BINARY string format with each string limited to 3000 bytes, and a final string of "|EOG|" terminates the file.

Code:
100 INIT
110 DIM S$(20000),T$(3000)
120 PRINT "Input FG file #:";
130 INPUT F0
140 S$=""
150 FIND @5:F0
160 READ @5:T$
170 IF T$="|EOG|" THEN 200
180 S$=S$&T$
190 GO TO 160
200 CALL "RDRAW",S$,1,0,0
210 END

The two advantages of using the Fast Graphics/R12 format for images is the huge (over 10x) performance speedup, and the smaller image file size versus BASIC MOVE, DRAW commands.
The smaller file size is very important due to the limit of 32KB of RAM in the 4051.

All of the FG image files expect the image to be loaded into RAM, and then displayed with one of the FG/R12 option ROM CALLs, such as RDRAW.

However, since the FG format is a regular pattern of 3 bytes per vector endpoint, I believe the FG images can be larger than available RAM if the file is read in 3000 byte 'chunks' like my program above. After READing a chunk - the program could CALL "RDRAW" that chunk and eliminate the need for the large string entirely!

Another advantage of using Fast Graphics images is the commands like RDRAW can transform or offset the display of the data - so the image becomes an object!

I take advantage of that in my new image of the three main Star Wars DROIDs: C-3PO, BB-8, and R2-D2.

There was an R2-D2 Fast Graphics image in Micheal's original demo files - hand digitized, that I have already posted.

I decided to try to create a new set of FG images for all three droids - and found a way to use Inkscape with images I found on the web to create vector files that I could use.
I found the Inkscape SVG output format was very optimized for file size and did not include the "L" in front of each draw command, plus did include curves - which I found very hard to emulate on the Tektronix. So I saved the Inkscape output in HPGL format - which targets CNC and only has move and draw commands. Since I had already created a Tektronix BASIC program to convert SVG files that only contained "M" and "L" (move and draw) commands, I used Notepad++ to convert the Inkscape HPGL files into pseudo SVG files only containing M and L commands. Then I used my SVG to FG conversion program to scale and convert the 'SVG' file into the 3-byte ASCII FG format.

My short Star Wars program first loads and displays the "Star Wars" and "DROIDS" images, then loads and displays the three droids - taking advantage of the CALL "SCALE" command to resize the BB-8 and R2-D2 images, and move the images into their proper position:

4052 Star Wars Droids.jpg

Encouraged by this process - I wanted to try to create an FG "TEAPOT" image, since the 4010 teapot.plt file from Chuck Forsberg's demo is NOT the right file, I used Blender, which includes a TEAPOT image, and used the technique posted in this youtube video "Exporting vector files from Blender" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0h-LzO84-g and created this image:

4054 Teapot.jpeg
This photo is from my 4054A. I notice the lines are not straight - that is not a 4054A issue - I believe the Blender conversion to vector format introduced multiple line segments.
I also edited the Blender SVG file in Inkscape since the Blender output did not connect the neck of the teapot to the body, so I manually added those lines. I didn't notice these artifacts on my 4052 output - since the 4052 vector lines are much wider than the 4x higher resolution 4054 vector lines.

Here is the 4052 Teapot photo:

4052 Teapot.jpeg

Yesterday I ported the space shuttle "Columbia" AutoCAD DXF demo drawing file to Tektronix 4050 Fast Graphics.

I first converted the file to SVG and then used Inkscape to convert the colors to black-and-white vectors, that I then converted to Tektronix Fast Graphics format for quick display.

Here is my photo of my 4054A displaying the Columbia image. The 4054A draws this image with 4800 vectors in 4.8 seconds - about 1000 vectors per second!

Click image for larger version  Name:	Tek4054 Columbia.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	112.7 KB ID:	1236617

Here is a link to my youtube video of displaying the Columbia image on my Tektronix 4052:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ew2zme89H2M

I have also posted this image file on my Tektronix 4050 program repository:

https://github.com/mmcgraw74/Tektronix-4051-4052-4054-Program-Files/tree/master/SVG-to-Fast-Graphics-R12

I believe the Flash Drive READ issue with my 4054A is fixed with WaveyDipole's latest firmware!

Here is a photo of my 4054A running my updated SVG to Fast Graphics program 17 to load and then display all five FG images in only 39 seconds!!!!

Amazing details - compared to my 4052 running this same program.

4054A Star Wars  DROIDS.jpeg

Merry Christmas - to all you Tektronix 4050 aficionados :)

My latest 4050 FG image on my Tektronix 4052 - posted on my github repository folder for new Fast Graphics/R12 images:

4052-Merry Christmas.jpeg

Two new videos of 4050 programs!

1 - Super Artillery on my 'new' 4054A with Color Dynamics Graphics CRT (Orange for refresh graphics and Green for persistent graphics)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVj3xL5sNG4

Super Artillery.png

2 - Tektronix 4050R12 Enhanced Graphics Demo - including 8 new vector graphics images I have created: C3-PO, R2-D2, BB-8, latest Disney+ B2EMO from Andor series, Utah Teapot, AutoCAD Columbia Space Shuttle, James Bond submarine car from 1977 Spy Who Loved Me movie and VW Bug very early 3D model.

B2EMO picture.png

I will be uploading the new files to my github repo later today

Back