• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Tektronix 4051 / 4052 / 4052A / 4054 / 4054A Program Archives

Jos,

I understand :)

My backlog of Tektronix projects includes getting back to work on the GPIB tape drive emulator with microSD card storage.

I've been having too much fun with the 4907 Floppy drive system - and running my port of Adventure to Tek BASIC :)

Monty

Tektronix 4052/4054 - TransEra ROM Packs - ROM images uploaded to github

Tektronix 4052/4054 - TransEra ROM Packs - ROM images uploaded to github

I finally uploaded my ROM captures from the TransEra ROM Packs and board photos to my github repository of Tektronix programs:

https://github.com/mmcgraw74/Tektronix-4051-4052-4054-Program-Files/tree/master/TransEra_ROM_Packs

I captured the ROMs from all four ROM Packs including:

741-RTC Real Time Clock
750-SPU Super Utilities (use General Utilities Manual)
752-ADC 16-channel, 12-bit Analog to Digital Converter
764-RAM Auxiliary Memory (unfortunately - I don't have that Auxiliary Memory enclosure).

Most of the user manuals for the above ROM Packs are already posted on bitsavers at http://www.bitsavers.org/pdf/transEra/

I uploaded my scan of the Analog to Digital Converter manual to the same folder as my ROM images for that Pack.

Here is the Readme for my github folder with the ROM images and board photos:

attachment.php

Latest Tektronix 4052 / 4054 Tape Dump Program

Latest Tektronix 4052 / 4054 Tape Dump Program

I have been using the TransEra Super Utilities ROM Pack to recover all the files from a Tektronix 4050 tape including SECRET files with a single program.

Someone may be able to decipher the Tektronix SECRET program algorithm.
I managed to decode in the 1970's the last program on the System Tape - which was a SECRET program to test DRAM memory.
I was able to read the BINARY blocks of the SECRET program file - and because the program is completely print statements until the last three lines - I wrote an equivalent BASIC program line by line, saved it as SECRET and compared with the System Tape file until the bytes matched.
The last three lines in that file were FIND X - where X was the next file on the tape, READ A$, then CALL "EXEC", A$.

Since I had the Tektronix 8002 Development System along with the 4051, I looked at the data returned on the READ - it was ASCII characters from 0 to ?, which I theorized could be ASCII HEX.
I translated the string in to HEX and manually disassembled the suspected 6800 program.
Yes it was HEX, and the program basically wrote and verified AA55 through the entire RAM address space - including the assembly program and then hung.
That's why the print statements at the beginning of the program indicated you would have to power cycle the computer after the program finished.

I then used the undocumented CALL "EXEC" command to write my own assembly programs for the Tektronix - including my own music program (PWM to the speaker), and others including dumping the Tektronix BASIC ROM to the screen and triggering the 4631 printer to print the screen, PAGE, and continue :) I still have those printouts. I found that putting a RTN in the assembly program would return control to the next line in the BASIC program after the CALL "EXEC".

The program listing for my Tektronix 4050 Tape Dump program below has been uploaded to the TransEra 750 Super Utilities ROM Pack folder.

The CALL commands in the program use the Super Utilities ROM to find and read every 256 byte block on a tape and send the data to the PC using the RS232 serial interface in the backpack.

For performance, when the blocks are from an ASCII program or ASCII data file - the blocks read are simply transmitted directly over serial.
If the blocks are from a BINARY or SECRET file - the 256 bytes are converted into 512 ASCII HEX characters with the routine starting at line 590, and then the 512 HEX characters are transmitted to the PC over serial.

The Tape Dump for the Tektronix General Utilities Tape is in the Super Utilities folder:
https://github.com/mmcgraw74/Tektro...edump6_GeneralUtilitiesVol1Tape1-originaltape

I suggest you download the file and examine it with Notepad++.

The first 256 byte block of any Tektronix 4050 tape file is the file header and the file type is at a specific starting location in this block. The first number in the header is the tape file number. The last number in that line is the number of 256 byte blocks that were MARKed for this file.

You will notice that the first four files in this tape dump are SECRET programs, and there is a line of text at the beginning of the first block after the header block: "TUT TUT TUT -- THIS IS A SECRET FILE"

This is the message printed to the screen by the BASIC ROM if you attempt to READ the file from BASIC.

I have not written the BASIC program using the Super Utilities ROM PACK to restore one of my tape dumps to a blank tape - but it should not be very difficult:
Code:
Read the first character string from the file - that is the header
Extract the file number and number of 256 byte blocks
FIND that file number (0 if the tape is blank and you are MARKing FILE 1)
MARK 1,SIZE where size is 256*NumberOfBlocks
Use the Super Utilities CALL commands to write each block (including full 256 byte header block)
If another file header is READ from the dump file - extract the file number and number of blocks and MARK 1,NewFileSize and continue

Here is my current Tape Dump program listing:
**** Note: I just noticed my program uses the 4052A/4054A BASIC feature with multi-character variable names like "Bin$" Change those names to single character for 4052/4054 computers ***

Code:
100 PRINT "CAPTURE COMPLETE TAPE - Monty McGraw SEP 2019"
110 PRINT "INPUT STARTING FILE NUMBER: ";
120 INPUT B
130 B=B-1
140 REM *** PROGRAM REQUIRES TRANSERA SUPER UTILITY ROM PACK
150 REM ***
160 T$="LAST,NEW,ASC_DATA,BIN_DATA,ASC_PGM,BIN_PGM"
170 DIM T1(6),T2(6)
180 READ T1
190 READ T2
200 DATA 1,6,10,19,28,36
210 DATA 4,3,8,8,7,7
220 DIM A$(258)
230 PRINT "FILE#: ";
240 FIND B+1
250 CALL "OPEN?",G,H
260 CALL "TBACK"
270 CALL "TREAD",A$
280 CALL "FILE?",A
290 CALL "TYPE?",D,E,F
300 IF B=A THEN 530
310 REM **  JUST INCREMENT FILE NUMBER
320 A=B+1
330 B=A
335 PRINT @40:A$;
340 PRINT @40:
350 PRINT @40:
360 PRINT A;"/";
370 B=A
380 FIND A
390 CALL "OPEN?",G,H
400 CALL "TBACK"
410 CALL "TREAD",A$
420 PRINT @40:A$
430 CALL "TYPE?",D,E,F
440 F1=F+1+(F>1)*2*E
450 F$=SEG(T$,T1(F1),T2(F1))
460 PRINT F$;
470 IF D<>1 THEN 490
480 PRINT " SECRET";
490 PRINT "  ";
500 CALL "TREAD",A$
510 CALL "FILE?",A
520 F1=F+1+(F>1)*2*E
530 IF F1=1 THEN 570
540 IF D=1 OR F1=4 OR F1=6 THEN 590
550 PRINT @40:A$;
560 IF A<>-1 THEN 270
570 PRINT "DONE"
580 END 
590 FOR I=1 TO 256
600 Bin$=SEG(A$,I,1)
610 Bin=ASC(Bin$)
620 High=INT(Bin/16)
630 Low=Bin-High*16
640 High$=CHR(High+48+7*(High>9))
650 Low$=CHR(Low+48+7*(Low>9))
660 PRINT @40:High$;Low$;
670 NEXT I
680 GO TO 270

Last edited:
Tektronix 4050 CYCLE factory test tape

Tektronix 4050 CYCLE factory test tape

I was looking at a box of Tektronix tapes in my garage and saw one had "4050 CYCLE 10/83" on the label.

I was intrigued, and didn't remember ever trying to read that tape.

attachment.php

I removed the disintegrated drive belt and replaced with a known good belt from a 3M DC6250 cartridge.

I noticed after I put on the belt that the tape was loose on the takeup reel, so I carefully wound the tape on the other reel so I could remove the slack.

It took a couple of attempts to read the tape - but finally got all four files: one program, two data files, and the LAST file which is always empty.

The program really was a Tektronix factory burn in test of 4052A and 4054A computers - and the tape I recovered had last been run on a 4052A that failed!

The CYCLE program runs 9 different display tests, checks the ROM CRCs with a factory ROMPACK containing a CALL "MEMORY" command, and then tests read/write to the tape and logs the test results.

I tried running the CYCLE program on my 4054A computer and commented out the CALL "MEMORY" and tape read/writes to just look at the display tests.

I got all 9 display tests to run - and posted a youtube video:

Tektronix 4051/4052/4054 Factory Test

The last display test - 9, was a very interesting 3D image:

attachment.php

The program appears to have been used for all the Tektronix 4050 computers as all the BASIC statements are compatible - except for the CALL "MEMORY", and I imagine the factory had a ROMPACK for the 4051, as one of the tests compares the BASIC ROM CRCs against a table. In this particular version - the table is for the 4052 or 4054 with version 4.4 ROMs or the 4052A/4054A with V1.4 ROMs.

My 4054A has version 1.5 ROMs - so it would have failed this test :)

The program is full of interesting things:

• -TIMING: program uses the published RND(-1) first value to find the model, and the DATA statements provide a parameter to obtain 1 second in FOR/NEXT loops
    -ROM CRC Table: I compared the program table to the Diagnostic ROM CRC table and there were more values(?). Also their table seemed to have start and end addresses for each ROM. The addresses had 0 or 1 as last nibble - I think for EVEN and ODD ROMs!
    -SPEED: The delay parameter indicates the relative timing of the 4052/4054 FOR/NEXT is about 8.3X and the 4052A/4054A FOR/NEXT is about 7.0X the speed of the 4051.

I have posted the complete tape dump, the original CYCLE program, and my modifications to run on ANY 4051/4052/4054 computer on my github repository for Tektronix 4050 Programs:

4050A_CYCLE_TEST folder

I have run the modified program on my 4054A and the 4050 Emulator - I would like others to run it on their 4051 and 4052 computers and lets compare the timing to mine.

Monty

EBAY tape recovery

EBAY tape recovery

I just received a set of DC300 tapes from an EBAY seller that had Tektronix labels:

attachment.php

I was able to replace the drive belts on all the Tektronix labeled cartridges, although the tape oxide was removed from the tape - wherever the old belt was at :(

Typically, the tapes were rewound - so only the first file was unrecoverable.

All the tapes were from Tektronix 4051 computer(s).

First the Bad news:
- one tape was blank
- Four contained Tektronix software - that I doubt anyone cares about:
Business and Accounting, Statistics 1, 2D Drafting - only the autoload file, not any programs, 4050A CYCLE (I already recovered and posted one of these tapes recently)

That left five tapes with interesting labels.

1. Handwritten file listing
    Mostly user written, simple CAD application programs
    One 494 Test Program with an overlay
    "Star Trick", really simple program that drew random dots simulating stars :(
    "Puzzle Picture", simple program to draw the "U-shaped bar" with three circles at the end :(
  2. 4051 Demo Tape
    This one was mainly a collection of Tektronix demo programs copied from the System Tape
    Data Storage and Graphing, Bar Graphs, 2D Array and Sort
    Slide Maker Program (Tek user contributed, already recovered and archived)
  3. NAVY DEMO
    Bad news - this was a Verbatim tape, not 3M and none of the files were recoverable :(
    I have not been able to recover any Tek tape that was recorded on a Verbatim tape (you can see the tape reels are different from all the rest in the photo)
    I could find a file, but only read the first record with my 4052. I tried reading on my 4924 - couldn't find files. Same with my 4054A.
    It looked like the programs were a submarine battle simulator for the NAVY :(
    I even tried moving the tape from the Verbatim to a Tektronix (3M) cartridge - I believe the Verbatim tape material stretches.
  4. Machine Code (51 written in pencil on back)
    The label was intriguing but the contents were not :(
    Three tiny files - looked like 4051 CALL "EXEC" assembly code examples
    First file - loaded into the Tek 4051 web-browser emulator gave an error message that the EDITOR ROM Pack was missing
    Second file runs - but no output on the emulator screen
    Third file ran with no output. I found there was no CALL "EXEC" statement and added one. Then found the program needed to DIM the string variable, added the DIM statement. This program prints one HEX output byte per line starting at an address typed into the string variable. Pretty lame :(

Bottom line - none of the recovered EBAY tape programs were worth posting on my archive site :(

Although, the machine language programs prompted me to dust off a 4051 machine language program I wrote on my 4051 computer at work in 1979. See my next post in this thread :)

My Tektronix 4051 assembly code Memory Dump program

My Tektronix 4051 assembly code Memory Dump program

As hinted in my last post, I've uploaded one of the Tektronix assembly language programs I wrote in the late 1970's on my 4051 at work.

This program has been uploaded to my Tektronix 4050 program repository on github here:

https://github.com/mmcgraw74/Tektronix-4051-4052-4054-Program-Files/blob/master/4051-Assembler/4051TekMemDump.txt

To use this program, you enter a two digit HEX page that you want to dump - the example below, output from the 4051 web-browser emulator shows page FF - the last page of the 4051 BASIC ROM.

To print a different memory page, just input the two digit HEX page - and the screen will PAGE and print the new HEX data.

attachment.php

As I posted before on the Tektronix 4051 CALL "EXEC" command, this program uses BASIC print statements to print the header text and then uses my program loaded into CALL "EXEC" to print the data.

Since I had no access to the 4051 BASIC ROM entry points - my assembly program was written to directly draw dots on the screen, and includes a dot matrix array for each of the sixteen HEX characters :)

Now, with the 4051 assembler, I (or anyone else) should be able to use the BASIC ROM entry points to do this same thing, but also print the decoded ASCII characters for each set of 16 HEX bytes - like typical debug programs.

Last edited:
Very nice image. Is it something that You can write on most computers, from some Basic/similar book? Look interesting.

BTW: - about stretched tape. I don't known if it is possible or how much it cost but some companies on the market, write on their sites that they can recover from damaged tape. E.g. https://datatechlab.com/data-recovery-services/tape-data-recovery-conversion/

pgru2,

Thanks for the link.

In the case of the NAVY DEMO tape - I don't believe it is worth trying to recover the 40 year old simulator files.

At this point there are very few folks around the globe that still have working Tektronix 4050 computers - I would say less than a dozen :(

Monty

Lunar Lander for Tektronix 4051 4052 and 4054 computers

I had recovered a Lunar Lander program from a Tektronix tape, but it was designed for the 4051 computer in 1976 and ran too fast to play on my 4052 and 4054A computers.

The program has three difficulty levels: Beginner, Advanced, and Expert
and two different LANDERS: 3 Main Engines or 1 Main Engine and four attitude jets for rotation
There is also a training screen with the LANDER you selected to become familiar with the engines or attitude jets.

You must use four of the ten the User Definable function keys to run this program - as these keys cause interrupts (GOSUB) to trigger up to three lines of code and then a RETURN

• 1 - Increase main engine thrust
    2 - Decrease main engine thrust

6 - Increase thrust on left or decrease right thrust
    7 - Increase thrust on right or decrease left thrust

So I updated the program with a FOR/NEXT delay loop of 1264, selected to slow it down to similar speed as running on the 4051 emulator - about 1 second per lander position update.

I also added an Engine Status graphic with refreshed text for the thrust of the left thruster, right thruster and main engine - to make it easier to control by a beginner like me :)

This program makes extensive use of array drawing with the PRINT @32,20: Z4 where Z4 is dimensioned as an 8 by 2 array of 8 vectors to fast draw the current orientation of the lander.

There are very few comments - so my first modification was to create the static Engine STATUS graphic from the main drawing code in the program.

This also was where I added the special refresh print statements to temporarily display the engine thrust next to that engine on the Engine STATUS graphic.

Since the Tektronix 4050 computers have a storage tube display - the standard PRINT and DRAW leave the characters or lines on the screen until it is erased with the PAGE key.
The PRINT @32,24 command will print a single text character in refresh mode. My modification prints the value of all three thrusters after every LANDER update.

With this helper graphic and practice, I am now able to land successfully on my 4052 and the emulator, as in the 405x web emulator screenshot below - but not very often :) And this is in beginner mode:

attachment.php

I've posted LANDER4050 in my github repository at:

github.com/mmcgraw74/Tektronix-4051-4052-4054-Program-Files/Games/LANDER4050.txt

Here is a photo from my 4052 with a successful landing - you only have a couple of seconds between end of one round and automatic start of the next round:

attachment.php

Nine Tektronix 4052 ROM Cartridge binaries and photos posted on my github archive in a new 4052_ROM_Pack_Firmware folder:

https://github.com/mmcgraw74/Tektro...gram-Files/tree/master/4052_ROM_Pack_Firmware

• 4050E01 ROM Expander (Cartridge photos only - uses BASIC ROM firmware)
  • 4052 File Manager (-00 firmware and docs)
  • 4052 File Manager (-01 firmware and docs - this is the one I am using with my 4907)
  • 4052 Advanced File Manager (requires Tektronix 4909 Hard Disk system which I don't have)
  • 4052 Character and Symbol - 4052R11
  • 4052 Editor
  • 4052 Graphics Enhancement - 4052R12 (includes firmware link to bitsavers, doc, and programs - fast graphics plus music!)
  • 4052 GPIB Enhancement - 4052R14 (4052/4054 only)
  • 4052A GPIB Enhancement - 4052R14-1A (4052A/4054A only)
  • 4052 RS-232 Printer Interface - 4052F10

I have scanned my Tektronix 070-2908-00 4050 Series Option 10 RS-232 Printer Interface 4051F10 and 4052F10 Instruction Manual and uploaded it to my github repository in the folder with the ROMs for this card:

4051_4052_RS-232_Printer_Interface_Instruction_Manual.pdf

Hi Monty,

many thanks for uploading all these goodies. Having painstakingly restored my 4052 over what felt like aeons, I'm only now actually _using_ it and uploading some of your tapedumps via the Option 1 serial comms interface. Having mucked about mostly with the hardware, I'm still very much a novice in handling the 4052, and it admittedly feels awkward (for instance, I still don't "get" the line editing, if there even is one). RTFM, I guess...

I bashed together a *NIX script that delimits each BASIC line with the ROPEN/RCLOSE (DC2/DC4) ctrl character sequences expected by the comms interface's DTRECV routine, and I get stuff written to tape, although as DATA rather than PROG according to TLIST. Note that I have to remove any control characters in your tape dumps beforehand -- I use an sed script for that. I also upload with 4800 baud and wait ~0.1 sec between records to avoid buffer overruns on the 4052. Most of the uploads ran, though those for the 4051 failed as expected, particularly when CALL "EXEC" was involved.

I tried your revised lunar lander last night, and was surprised to get an I/O ERROR on the READ statement in line 5965. As I understand, READ's input "device" defaults to the DATA statement (@34?), so I dunno what's going on there. Any ideas? I'm using the v5.1 firmware, btw -- the only working chipset I have, infact.

Thanks again for archiving this material for the very few working 4050's still around (as you surmised, about a dozen would be my guess too).

--Roland

Last edited:
Hi Monty,

many thanks for uploading all these goodies. Having painstakingly restored my 4052 over what felt like aeons, I'm only now actually _using_ it and uploading some of your tapedumps via the Option 1 serial comms interface. Having mucked about mostly with the hardware, I'm still very much a novice in handling the 4052, and it admittedly feels awkward (for instance, I still don't "get" the line editing, if there even is one). RTFM, I guess...

I bashed together a *NIX script that delimits each BASIC line with the ROPEN/RCLOSE (DC2/DC4) ctrl character sequences expected by the comms interface's DTRECV routine, and I get stuff written to tape, although as DATA rather than PROG according to TLIST. Note that I have to remove any control characters in your tape dumps beforehand -- I use an sed script for that. I also upload with 4800 baud and wait ~0.1 sec between records to avoid buffer overruns on the 4052. Most of the uploads ran, though those for the 4051 failed as expected, particularly when CALL "EXEC" was involved.

I tried your revised lunar lander last night, and was surprised to get an I/O ERROR on the READ statement in line 5965. As I understand, READ's input "device" defaults to the DATA statement (@34?), so I dunno what's going on there. Any ideas? I'm using the v5.1 firmware, btw -- the only working chipset I have, infact.

Thanks again for archiving this material for the very few working 4050's still around (as you surmised, about a dozen would be my guess too).

--Roland

Hi Roland!

Please give the Realterm program a try. I set up Realterm for 4800 7E2 with Xon/Xoff protocol.

On Dave Robert's new 4052 with v5.1 ROMs, I had no issue loading programs directly into memory with all the control characters. Then it is easy to save to tape.

CALL "RATE",4800,2,0
CALL "TSTRIN","","",""
CALL "RSTRIN","","",""
CALL "CMFLAG",3

Then to load a program in memory from serial:

OLD@40:

SEND the file from Realterm, the Xon/Xoff works without any additional delays
When Realterm is done with the SEND, press the BREAK key to stop the 4052 from looking for more data.

Program is ready to run or SAVE to tape.

I have uploaded a LANDER4050.BAS. Please try this one - when I save files without and extension or with TXT extension github adds linefeeds - which Tek BASIC (4051,4052 and 4054 all BARF).
https://github.com/mmcgraw74/Tek405xEmulator/blob/master/Programs/LANDER4050.BAS

And try to load it with my Realterm instructions above.

Monty

Hi Roland!

Please give the Realterm program a try. I set up Realterm for 4800 7E2 with Xon/Xoff protocol.

On Dave Robert's new 4052 with v5.1 ROMs, I had no issue loading programs directly into memory with all the control characters. Then it is easy to save to tape.

CALL "RATE",4800,2,0
CALL "TSTRIN","","",""
CALL "RSTRIN","","",""
CALL "CMFLAG",3

Hi Monty,

thanks for the hints, I wasn't aware that you can just pass empty strings to TSTRIN and RSTRIN. And of course I wasn't aware of CMFLAG and the XON/OFF option, as this is indeed undocumented in the serial comms option manual.

Btw, the lunar lander works if I don't run the training option (and yeah, it's pretty tough). I dunno why that READ statement fails on my 4052, as the code transferred ok.

Best regards,

--Roland

Roland,

You found a bug in my LANDER4050.BAS!

I ran that version in the 4051 web emulator - and see what the issue is.

In this version I added four DATA statements in lines 221 to 224, which I use to determine the delay timing difference for 4051, 4052/4054, and 4052A/4054A.

This messed up the RESTORE statement in link 5945 in the original program - which causes the READ to fail in line 5965 due to a variable mismatch (string verses number).

The fix is to edit line 5945 to point the RESTORE to line 5955:

5945 RESTORE 5955

Since I wrote many programs on the 4051 in the late 1970's - I'm used to quick editing with the Tektronix editing keys at the top of the keyboard (of real 4051/4052/4054, and the 4051 emulator) special keys marked with quotes, don't type the quotes. Example: "RECALL LINE" is an edit key:

5945 "RECALL LINE" "SPACE" 5955 "ENTER"

adds 5955 to the end of line 5945 :)

then run the program again, and the training screen shows two lunar modules correctly.

I checked my original Data Communication Interface operators manual and find it is newer than the one posted on bitsavers and includes new features in the 4052/4054 and 4052A/4054A and is titled "4050 Series Data Communication Interface" instead of "4051 Option 1 Data Communication Interface".

the new version number is -02, dated October 1982.

I guess I need to scan and post it.

I scanned the page on CMFLAG

attachment.php

Since this CALL works on my 4052 with 5.1 firmware, Dave's 4052, and yours - I think this call was added to v5.1 for all 4052 and 4054 users, or it would have failed. I think v5.1 firmware was released after 1982, the manual may have been updated later, I don't know.

Glad you are now running the LANDER4050.BAS program! Otherwise, the original LANDER program would run to fast for you to react :)

Monty

Last edited:
I just corrected the error and posted LANDER4050.BAS on my repository:

https://github.com/mmcgraw74/Tektronix-4051-4052-4054-Program-Files/blob/master/Games/LANDER4050.BAS

I need to update the main README file to show the simpler way to transfer programs if you have a 4052 or 4054 with V5.1 firmware - use the CMFLAG command and faster serial speed.

CALL "RATE",4800,2,0
CALL "TSTRIN","","",""
CALL "RSTRIN","","",""
CALL "CMFLAG",3

Then to load a program in memory from serial:

OLD@40:

SEND the file from Realterm, the Xon/Xoff works without any additional delays
When Realterm is done with the SEND, press the BREAK key to stop the 4052 from looking for more data.

Program is ready to run or SAVE to tape.

Monty

Tektronix 4051 4052 4052A 4054 and 4054A Service Notes

Tektronix 4051 4052 4052A 4054 and 4054A Service Notes

I just added fourteen service notes in a new folder for the Tektronix 4050 series computers on my github repository:
https://github.com/mmcgraw74/Tektro...Files/tree/master/4051-4052-4054_ServiceNotes

I also found a couple of 4907 Floppy Drive and one 4662 Plotter service notes that I posted in those respective folders on my repository.

I extracted these notes from ServiceTekNotes I found at http://w140.com/tekwiki/wiki/Tektronix_Magazines

Here is an example service note on reset issues on the 4052 and 4054 using the 4050E01 ROM Expander. I think I have encountered this very issue:

attachment.php

Back