• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Temporarily free SimCity 2000: SE (Vista/XP) from EA

barythrin

Veteran Member
For a "limited time" (aka hurry if you're interested) SimCity Special Edition is being offered by EA as a free download although it probably still requires their EA DRM account to be setup.

The requirements seems like it's for current technology (I questioned whether to put this in "vintage" gaming or not) but it still seems to be the same mid-90s version so it's not remastered, just compiled to run on your current day OS.

I'm not sure what all the Special Edition contains but think the actual release had some interesting video features and new music. That'd be sorta cool if it had that in this download but I have no real idea what's included yet.

Internet connection, origin account, acceptance of product and origin end user license agreements (eulas), and installation of the origin client software (www.origin.com/about) required to play. You must be 13+ to access online services and features. Ea online privacy policy and terms of service can be found at www.ea.com. Please review eulas and additional important disclosures applicable to specific products at www.ea.com/1/product-eulas. Online features and services are not guaranteed. Ea may retire online features and services (if any) after 30 days notice posted on www.ea.com/1/service-updates. Ea may provide certain incremental content and/or updates for no additional charge, if and when available.

Really... if ya' wanna go that route just install the CIA's latest software bonanza entitled, 'Install Me and Don't Worry'. :)

Dimes to dollars it's just the DOS version bundled with a pre-configured copy of DOSBox... after all that's what most of the GoG releases of games from that era are.

Speaking of the DOS version, I've got a boxed copy of it if anyone's interested in it. It requires a 386, DOS 3.3, 4 MB RAM, SVGA card with 512K which supports the 640 x 480 x 256 mode.

Hi, about Sim City edition, It's good to know that it is free even for a limited time. This reminds me too of my daughter who used to play that game on her computer:) That was something interesting to play too:)

Back