• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Thanks to Archive.org AKA the WAYBACK MACHINE!!

ibmapc

Veteran Member
I bought a socket 7 motherboard a while back. AZZA PT5IT ver 2.1 https://stason.org/TULARC/pc/motherboards/A/AZZA-Pentium-PT-5IT.html Got it working just fine. But then, I realized that I had a faster processor (AMD K6-2/400)that should work even though the board wasn't designed for it. When I plugged in the K6-2, the bios identified it correctly so that was encouraging. However, as soon as the memory count completed, it would restart. No Boot. Couldn't go into Bios setting either due to restart. Basically it would do this endlessly if I let it. I scoured the web for an updated bios for the board but could not find anything. Then I remembered Archive.org. I went back to the year 2000 and found the web site for the manufacterer and down loaded the updated bios. Removed the EEPROM, programmed it in my Programmer, reinserted EEPROM and hit the power. IT'S ALIVE!! I might have to make a donation to The WayBack Machine!!

They are incredible. I have also occasionally found things I never thought possible thanks to them. Things noone has ever gone out of their way to add to a curated collection.

Back