• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

The large archive of various mirror sites and consolidated information on retro computers - mirrors.pdp-11.ru

SuperMax

I started saving interesting sites related to PDP-11 in 2006

many sites are now only in the form of my mirror.

in 2010 I expanded the purpose of conservation and began to collect a lot of different information

in 2016, I realized the need to create my own search engine. at that time the archive was about 5TB.

for sample search:

Tetris for VAX
alpha openvms
ET6000 drivers
looking for voodoo excluding nt4 and w2k from the search
looking for "Introduction to smalltalk" into bitsavers archive
looking "boss.c" into decus archive

I want to further develop the search capabilities in the archive and help would be useful

Now there are >17TB of information in the archive https://mirrors.pdp-11.ru/ and http://mirrors.pdp-11.ru/ for old systems

I do not restrict the download of information in any way and do not place any advertising on the site

Hang in there, friend.
thanks for the support

I became stronger in the opinion that it is necessary to change the place of residence

i have a lot of ideas

have four patents

in the process of obtaining a patent in the US and in Europe (patent pending)

i want to start a startup
we have already done a lot

for this now we have no prospects here

and I wanted to open a museum of computer technology - I have a large collection
but now is bad idea

Last edited:
For me, in western Europe, it will most probably be limited to higher prices, higher taxes for the new military gear we'll need, and gas at 10 USD/Gallon. Might even be the kick in my ar.. I need to finally install that heatpump & solarcells. Still, managable....
For you, it will mean no possibility for any investment for the West, for as long as that guy is still in power, and very difficult economic situation.

For the people in the Ukraine however.....pure, unadultered horror.

What a waste all around, nobody gaining anything whatsoever... Let us hope it stops soon, for all involved.

W.r.t. large computer collections : sometimes, quite often even, the collections owns the owner, instead of the other way around. Happens so often, even in normal circumstances.

Those who dont know history are doomed to repeat it.. Why does all this feel so damn familiar? Absolutely no need. Apparently we have regressed as a species.. No progress.

Not sure where the issue is, but I'm currently unable to reach the site.

I'm sure Putin knows history, he just doesn't care and want to reassemble the soviet block.

Bookmarked that site, looks quite comprehensive.

Putin is pining for the "good old days" - as he sees it. Seriously, he's got a mental disorder and needs to be put down like the mangy dog he is.

I started saving interesting sites related to PDP-11 in 2006

many sites are now only in the form of my mirror.

in 2010 I expanded the purpose of conservation and began to collect a lot of different information

in 2016, I realized the need to create my own search engine. at that time the archive was about 5TB.

for sample search:

Tetris for VAX
alpha openvms
ET6000 drivers
looking for voodoo excluding nt4 and w2k from the search
looking for "Introduction to smalltalk" into bitsavers archive
looking "boss.c" into decus archive

I want to further develop the search capabilities in the archive and help would be useful

Now there are >17TB of information in the archive https://mirrors.pdp-11.ru/ and http://mirrors.pdp-11.ru/ for old systems

I do not restrict the download of information in any way and do not place any advertising on the site
Your site has had a very significant positive effect on retro computing. There are so many machines whose software was not commonly archived that you have mirrored.

Thank you very much for your hard work!

Thanks

now in archive 24`582`978 MB

the situation is getting worse
- deficiency of certain drugs
- sugar in stores will soon run out
- today it was forbidden to buy dollars
- the default of the economy is already inevitable

we are preparing to survive

the archive is still working - there is internet and electricity
but what will happen in a few months, I do not know at all

search for a new place of residence is already necessary :(

do you have anonymous rsync enabled?
I think it's going to be important to get your site mirrored entirely soon

Even if first exit points from the invasion are visible, your economic situation will be difficult for a long time to come, as we here in Europe are scrambling to get away from Russian energy supplies.
Being right in the middle of Russia will not help you find a new place of residence. And it looks like pretty soon you will have access to .ru only...
And all so unneccesary. Just what was he thinking...
Good luck, and I mean that.

Looks like your city is in the middle of nowhere - I hope you can somehow get out of that country soon. Where would you go?

Looks like your city is in the middle of nowhere - I hope you can somehow get out of that country soon. Where would you go?
it is completely wrong to consider Siberia as a wilderness

Krasnoyarsk is 1.2 million inhabitants
it is one of the largest cities in Russia, the largest cultural, educational, economic and industrial center of Eastern Siberia

in 2019 we hosted the 29th World Universiade
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Krasnoyarsk

we have developed access to the Internet: in the city there is a 20Gbit peer-to-peer ring
https://www.sibir-ix.ru/provider-list/

I have two optical 1Gbit channels at home
and the servers from which the archive is distributed are also at home in an equipped server room

the main problem now is that I don't have enough money to move, the reason is that we can't buy dollars and euros now. there is a ban.

I used to save $1k a month, but now all the money has gone to patent applications in US and EU.
and now I have lost part of the income.

With the rest of the rubles we bought medicines and groceries.

saving money in rubles does not make sense - they will soon turn into candy wrappers.

rubles will completely depreciate - we are waiting for the default of the economy.

my wife and I planned to visit California this summer. we have a US visa until the end of the year.

I am currently working in a bank - Senior Oracle Developer.
for sample - a job in a bank in the US would be the solution ;-)

When i first saw this post, first thing i thought was add it to archive.org/mirror it. Glad you have something in the works. I've done a few ftp backups myself. Always need this kinda data in two locations.

Sorry about the personal situation this has caused you (and so many others). Can you buy gold, GBP or somthing else to retain wealth? Terrible news in general really.

Back