• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

The move to the new Xenforo forums is slated to happen Dec. 24 - Dec. 26

Me too. The closer it comes to switch over time the more it seems to just hang for 30 seconds or so. Really annoying.

Its been that way for me the entire time actually. And sometimes the page doesnt load, times out, and gives and error that the page cannot be reached! Sometimes I loose my message or update I sent. So its gotta be better than that. The bar is set really really low right now.

Its been that way for me the entire time actually. And sometimes the page doesnt load, times out, and gives and error that the page cannot be reached! Sometimes I loose my message or update I sent. So its gotta be better than that. The bar is set really really low right now.

Get the same thing!

Im pretty happy with it. I am just a bit confused on how its alerting me of updates content. I seem to have to click on the bell and then go through the list but its not to clear. I could be doing it wrong.

It seems that all the topics which I was following are not selected any more. :(

I had many topics and also my own topics which I was following. If there was a
message I could react on that... Now I'm completely lost in all the topics...

Don't know why you would have that error. I have never seen a certificate error here either with old or this new forum.

It relates to Keychain Access and on my older computer every time I go to a site which uses a particular Root Key called 'DST Root CA X3', I get a warning saying Site may not be secure because this Root Key expired 1st October 2021. This seems to be a problem because Root Keys cannot be deleted and nobody is around to update. The company which created it I think went under, leaving all these websites which use that Root Key issue me with a Warning that the website may not be secure. I can bypass that and update the settings so I can get to a site, though everytime I find a new site (using that key) I have to check and update the settings for it, the worst bit is if I have to clean out the Cookies, because then I have to start all over again.

Though it doesn't seem to be a problem on newer platforms (I don't know why), so a whole update of my system, which for me, would mean a new computer system because my computer is over 10 years old, I updated in 2019, though from what I seen of MacBook Pro's these days, they lack DVD-ROM capability! :(

So what do you expect the folk (admins) here to be able to do to fix this. If it's due to a 3rd party root cert?

Not to sound rude, but they should change servers or handlers for one user's problem? You are the only person I have seen posting with this problem. Seems there must be a simpler solution than that.

It relates to Keychain Access and on my older computer every time I go to a site which uses a particular Root Key called 'DST Root CA X3', I get a warning saying Site may not be secure because this Root Key expired 1st October 2021. This seems to be a problem because Root Keys cannot be deleted and nobody is around to update. The company which created it I think went under, leaving all these websites which use that Root Key issue me with a Warning that the website may not be secure. I can bypass that and update the settings so I can get to a site, though everytime I find a new site (using that key) I have to check and update the settings for it, the worst bit is if I have to clean out the Cookies, because then I have to start all over again.

Though it doesn't seem to be a problem on newer platforms (I don't know why), so a whole update of my system, which for me, would mean a new computer system because my computer is over 10 years old, I updated in 2019, though from what I seen of MacBook Pro's these days, they lack DVD-ROM capability! :(

Let's clarify a few things here:

• It is not a root key, it is a root certificate, issued by the root Certificate Authority (root CA).
  • The company in question, Lets Encrypt, did not go under, their root CA expired and they renewed it. This is a normal thing that happens about once every 10 years (root CAs are usually valid for 10 years).
  • The root CA expired on September 30th 2021.
  • The renewed certificate was not pushed out to older platforms, including older versions of MacOS (older than 10.11 IIRC), this was an Apple decision, not the CA's decision. Similarly Google chose not to update the CA on older versions of Chrome and Microsoft did not push this change down to Windows 7 or earlier.
  • You can delete and update the root CAs on your older mac. It's an involved process, and you have to go into the system keychain, not your user keychain, and removed the old root CA and import the new one. You can try to get the new one from here. You'd want to install all 3 of the Root CAs they list on that page. Google is your friend here, there are plenty of instructions on how to remove and add root CAs on MacOS.
  • This was announced by Lets Encrypt more than a year ago, and the tech press ran tons of articles about it as it had such wide spread ramifications.
  • And lastly, there absolutely nothing we can do about it short of changing our certificates, which I am pretty sure we have no interest in doing.

Last edited:
It's not limited to 1 person, I just happens to be me reporting the bug and admins job to fix.
This is an unreasonable request on your part. We cannot fix this, and even if we did change our Certificates, which would cost quite a bit of money, you'd be in the same boat with quite a few other CAs as Apple has ceased to update the Root CA store on your OS and in time more and more CAs will expire and more sites simply won't work for you.

I looked at your suggestions, but the company are of no help and I use Google to look for a fix, but I'm not having much luck with it ;(

Looks like I'll just need a whole new computer.

P.S. I tried removing using the method you suggested earlier, but Root Keys cannot be deleted on my end from the System Root.

I looked at your suggestions, but the company are of no help and I use Google to look for a fix, but I'm not having much luck with it ;(

Looks like I'll just need a whole new computer.

P.S. I tried removing using the method you suggested earlier, but Root Keys cannot be deleted on my end from the System Root.

Try this: https://www.tenseg.net/blog/2021/10/10/installing-the-new-lets-encrypt-root-certificate/

Better yet, do this: https://community.letsencrypt.org/t...site-with-lets-encrypt-certificates/161576/11

Thanks, I found some instructions on that site regarding the OS I'm using and manually installed ISRG Root X1, which seems to be working for me now.

Feel free to Delete my comments here, so they don't mislead anyone.

Back