• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

The move to the new Xenforo forums is slated to happen Dec. 24 - Dec. 26

Is there a small cross on the banner?

It should be irrelevant now - as you are up to 11 posts so you shouldn't be under moderation anymore...

Dave

Minor nitpick, but now that vcfed.org/forum no longer points to the old boards, could it be configured as a proper alternate path for forum.vcfed.org? The latter competes with a pile of other forum.* domains in my browser's auto-complete list.

One minor strangeeness with this forum is that as I continue typing my spellling mistakes don't stay underlined. I usually complete a sentence, then go back and fix them. However here if i don't fix them withinn a 3-4 words, they don't show up. This makes it difficult to hide my illiteracy, and harder for people to undstnd wat Im righting, bcoz of all the aelling erros and tyops. It looks like some js feature. Is it possible to turn it off?

One minor strangeeness with this forum is that as I continue typing my spellling mistakes don't stay underlined. I usually complete a sentence, then go back and fix them. However here if i don't fix them withinn a 3-4 words, they don't show up. This makes it difficult to hide my illiteracy, and harder for people to undstnd wat Im righting, bcoz of all the aelling erros and tyops. It looks like some js feature. Is it possible to turn it off?

XenForo doesn't do spellcheck, that's a browser feature provided by Chrome / Firefox. However, spellcheck functionality relies on the text input element telling the browser that spellcheck should be enabled, much like password fields tell the browser to display dots instead of the actual password. If XF doesn't tell the browser it should do spellchecking, it could cause issues. That being said, I don't have a problem on either Firefox or Chrome missing spellcheck words on here.

Usually the spelling errors just stay underlined in my browser. It has the same functionality on every text area or forum. Been like this on firefox and palemoon for years. Just on this forum they disappear? Don't use any other forum powered by Xenforo. So far apart from this minor issue I really like it.

Back