• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

The New Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
More than once I have encountered a yellowish rectangular box at the bottom of the screen wanting to know if I want to edit or dismiss an entry. That would be okay but it's not for my thread.
oha.gif

Wasn't too hard to reupload an Avatar. I still don't like the white border that is now around the pictures though. Is that absolutely necessary or is there a way to change it?

Wasn't too hard to reupload an Avatar. I still don't like the white border that is now around the pictures though. Is that absolutely necessary or is there a way to change it?

I uploaded my avatar in 2007; I no longer have it around, so I guess I'll go without one now.

It’s amazing how much old (or even not that old) IBM systems look like washing machines. One of my customers, up until a couple of years ago, had some IBM 3480 tape drives that I always joked were supposed to be in a laundry room.

I also noticed that replying to a thread no longer automatically subscribes you to it.

I don't think I replied to this before, but there is a setting in your user profile for this. The default is off, so you don't get automatically subscribed.

Just wanted to say the site looks fine now. The white space issue seems to have been addressed, and as I observed earlier the Grunge theme provides a pleasant view to me.
... Just wanted to balance out all the kvetchers. :)
Edit: my avatar is gone again! Sigh...

The outline color atound the avatar is dependant on your theme. I have a dark theme so the border i see on avatars is black.

Is there any way to customize the color of the border around avatars? I tried changing border colors in the customize menu and it didn't seem to change anything at all on any pages.

It's funny how that is turned off by default, but the option to send you an e-mail wishing you a happy birthday is turned on by default!

I am just glad it can be turned off. The week of my birthday I must receive 100 e-mails from forums and random websites. This year I received a Birthday email from a vendor I used in 2004, once. They have never sent an email since the shipment confirmation back then.

Is there any way to customize the color of the border around avatars? I tried changing border colors in the customize menu and it didn't seem to change anything at all on any pages.

I dont know and I really would make myself frustrated if I tried messing with it so I just settled on the DARK theme.

I like how they send pointless birthday emails but no coupon codes or price reductions (vendors).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back