• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

The SX-64 keyboard cable that everybody lost

FunctionalLimits

Experienced Member
Would anybody here who actually has the original keyboard cable for the SX-64 be willing to give me the dimensions of the enclosures around the connectors at each end? And maybe share a few detailed photos with me? I'm making a cable for an SX-64, and I've decided to try reproducing the two enclosures for the connectors using a 3D printer. Everything else will just be stock items from Mouser. TIA.

I used regular DB25 connectors with the hole tabs bent backwards.

IMG_5957.jpg

It fits but you need some sort of handle or place to pull on the plug on the computer side because of how the port is recessed.

Last edited:
Thanks, I'll be using stock DB25 connectors (all plastic), though I'm not sure yet how I'm going to cut off their "ears." Apart from that detail, it's easy to make a functional cable, but I want to try to reproduce the enclosures for the sake of aesthetics (and fun). They'll be very easy to model...if I ever find anyone who actually has an original cable!

@Pet Rescue: Thank you so much -- you even measured the Commodore logo for me! I'll post a couple of renderings as soon as I finish the model, most likely on Sunday.

Back