• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

This'll separate the men from the boyz!

I guess a collector will find it cool.

Too bad it did not have neat modifications to the hardware, like a switch selectable CBM 2.0 to CMB 3.5 (ala what Anders mentioned in the denial forum on vic 20)

Chris

I think there are two kinds of computer collectors (not mentioning those who collect to use); the technical one which tries to get every different model and prototype and the investing one which may be more excited about a golden C64 than a V364, C65 or for that matter some silly piece of software like Mt Drash (although all three have high market values right now).

Personally, I don't have the money or space to collect, but even if I did, I think I couldn't be less bothered about this gold-plated (or is it only golden plastic? I never figured out) unit. Let's wait and see if the bids match the reserve and expected price. I almost look down on those who sell something really rare and have to state how much other people selling a similar item received before starting the bidding. The reservation price is one thing, but serious collectors should have a good idea about value or be able to look it up anyway.

Imagine if eBay would start a buyer's auction, where one could look for an item and sellers could post their offers. If the buyer in his description would state that "I've seen this kind of item bought for $1 before, so I expect to pay no more than $5 myself", most sellers would grunt a little.

Back