• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Three broken Mac Pluses and one maybe working Mac 512, plus some extras

retrobits

Experienced Member
Hi all,

I'm in Tigard (near Portland), Oregon. I know that local-only can be a drag, but I really don't want to ship this stuff (costly and fragile). Therefore, this is for local pickup only.

I have four classic Macs, one of which seems to be working, and some things to go with them:

• Mac 512, appears to be working, but no OS 4.1 or earlier, so I cannot test. Bings, comes up to disk ? prompt. I used a spare 512 motherboard to repair it. It had previously been upgraded using a Supermac board, but that whole thing had failed. (I will throw it in if someone wants it.)
  • 3 Mac Pluses, not working. Bings, and 2 of them seem to boot the System 6 disk, but no video. One makes a crackling sound (high voltage/video?).

WP_20141003_002.jpg
WP_20141003_003.jpg

For all of the above, I have one keyboard that has all the keys and works, but does have a crack on one corner. I have NO mouse.

This equipment is all yellowed with age. But as far as I can see, there are no major cracks, dings, or gashes (aside from the keyboard issue I mentioned). All is not much worse for wear. One of the Macs is missing the battery compartment cover because that SuperMac upgrade placed a SCSI connector where the battery cover goes.

Also, I have:

• System 6 with original mini-binder. Disk works, and has been used pretty recently.
  • HyperCard with mini-binder and disks. Untested.
  • Above-mentioned Mac 128/512/Plus keyboard with cracked corner.
  • Two Farallon PhoneNet connectors with terminators.
  • Asante "Micro AsantePrint" LocalTalk to Ethernet bridge.
  • ADB large keyboard and mouse. Not tested, and quite yellowed.

WP_20141003_005.jpg

I'm not a classic Mac collector. I'd like to trade all of the above for some other gear, like Commodore, Atari, or DEC.

If you're interested, please shoot me a PM, and let me know what you might be willing to trade. If you'd like to make a money offer, that's fine too.

Thanks!

- Earl

Back