• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

three fairly complete systems on ebay

vic user

Veteran Member
just doing my daily "what vintage computer stuff is on ebay canada" and found these three neast things:

Vintage IBM PCjr with 640K, printer port, 2nd drive
Item number: 5173213

DYNALOGIC HYPERION HAS ORIGINAL LEATHER CASE
Item number: 5173394613

Vintage ADAM Computer by Coleco Vision ColecoVision MIB
COMPLETE in ORIGINAL BOX w/ EXTRAS - VERY CLEAN !!!
Item number: 5173396312

chris

Yeah, I have it on my watch list. This is actually the third time they have listed it, but they set too high reserve before. Looks like they've learned from thier past mistakes.

--T

I can't for the life of me understand the reasoning behind a reserved price.

if the person won't accept anything less than the reserve price, then put the minimum bid as the reserve price and stop wasting time.

chris

i think the mentality of it is a low starting price will get people
in the mood to bid, i dont know frankly if it has a reserve i dont even bother
with it, i dont have time to play guessing games on what the reserve might be.

I don't get the reserve-price thing either. It's just some kinda craziness. You don't even know if your maximum bid met the reserve unless someone else outbids you. Sheesh!

--T

If anybody is interested in PCjrs in general, check out the following two web sites:

http://www.brutman.com/PCjr
http://www.micro-zone.com/

I can hook you up with software, documentation, and parts. (Depends on how obscure the part is.)

That system is attractive, but it's in Canada. I'd like one of our Canadian friends to get it. I love the non-standard power switch and the second drive on that machine - they both look very well done. (Too many hacks are poorly executed, and look it.) There might be other goodies lurking in the machine, given that the owner did those two modifications.

How is it, will the seller be bound by the set reserve price, or can (s)he sell below that if preferred? Of course, you can always finish auction outside eBay.. maybe the reserve is a way to make Internet auctions more like a game, and we know how much people like to play games. Not only are you playing against other bidders, but against the "bank" too!

They have a new (within the last couple months) feature at eBay, called "best offer", where the seller may choose to accept the best price offered. I guess the folks at eBay finally figgered out they were losing money because of the off-site trading resulting from reserve-price auctions.

--T

Just noticed an original IBM PC 5150 with the oldest BIOS revision - 1981. Man, that's a rare machine ..

Mike

carlsson said:
How is it, will the seller be bound by the set reserve price, or can (s)he sell below that if preferred?

There used to be an auction site "Haggle", the seller set a price but bidding started below that. If the bid reached the seller's price, he had to sell but if not they could negotiate (Haggle) for a compromise.

I bought a few items there, very few.

Back