• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

TI-99/4A Disk Drive and PEB Peripheral Expansion Box Questions.

joeyd3119

Howdy all,

I finally got me after all these years a Peripheral Expansion Box (PEB) with a floppy drive....

The PEB came with zero documentation.
The PEB has the following cards which probably also would need documentation, 32K ram, Disk Controller, Cable Extension and RS-232

So can anyone point me in the direction of...

#1 Documentation.
#2 Software.

For software does anyone know if the Floppy drive is FM or MFM??? If they are MFM I can make floppies from ImageDSK on my PC.
Has anyone done a Gotek adapter for one of these??

Thanks.
JoeyD

not to detract from this great place, Atariage has a forum monitored by true TI experts

For software does anyone know if the Floppy drive is FM or MFM??? If they are MFM I can make floppies from ImageDSK on my PC.
The standard TI floppy controller is FM and can use single or double sided disks/drives. Some advanced third party disk controllers supported MFM (If you happened to get one of those you are extremely lucky).

Some PCs can write FM, but I'm guessing you already checked yours.

If you are looking for a device to use, devices like a Kryoflux or SuperCard Pro can write FM (or any other encoding).

The standard TI floppy controller is FM and can use single or double sided disks/drives. Some advanced third party disk controllers supported MFM (If you happened to get one of those you are extremely lucky).

Some PCs can write FM, but I'm guessing you already checked yours.

If you are looking for a device to use, devices like a Kryoflux or SuperCard Pro can write FM (or any other encoding).

Thanks.
Yea that particular PC can't do FM. :-(
I do have access to a Kryoflux at work and thats how I write FM disks so its not convenient to use because its at work and I can not justify the cost to have one at home to occasionally fab "1 or 2" disks every blue moon.

As previously noted, a lot of us TI folks hang out on AtariAge, but the answer to your original question http://ftp.whtech.com/ is that a world of software and documentation on the linked WHT repository. A lot of what you want is in the Datasheets and Manuals folders.

Back