• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

TI Gift???

johnk911

Hi all. I was just gifted a TI TravelMate 4000E 486 WinDX2/50 MHz. machine with a bad clock battery. All else works & I kinda like or appreciate this early laptop. So, being a Ham, everything is a challenge & I am looking for Info (especially tech mans. etc.) on it and accessories that were made for it. Any suggestions from the group are welcome. Yeah, I know throw it away...that's an OLD one though, lets be original can we? I also have a complete KayPro of some sort, it's been awhile since I pulled it out of it's case & turned it on, but is there any intrest in this??? John

Hi all. I was just gifted a TI TravelMate 4000E 486 WinDX2/50 MHz. machine with a bad clock battery. All else works & I kinda like or appreciate this early laptop. So, being a Ham, everything is a challenge & I am looking for Info (especially tech mans. etc.) on it and accessories that were made for it. Any suggestions from the group are welcome. Yeah, I know throw it away...that's an OLD one though, lets be original can we? I also have a complete KayPro of some sort, it's been awhile since I pulled it out of it's case & turned it on, but is there any intrest in this??? John

I use my TI 4000 for a storage machine for my CC-40 programs using the TI PCIF and a converter from hexbus to dockbus!

My 4000M has a system bus on the back, so I'd assume there was some sort of docking station. Also has a couple of PC Card ports so PCCMIA modems would work. Other than that, it's pretty much a standard issue laptop.

Kaypro laptop? If so, that would be the 2000. Nifty little machine.

Curtis

Back