• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Tillamook on pre-SuperSocket7 systems

sorry mate, the GB is over and I thought you had access to the group buy section
you need to ask one of the moderators if want access

:(
He only ships to the US. It doesn't seem he updated his sale yet, does he have any left?
I never knew there were other forum sections. Can't ask for access to a forum if you don't know it exists. Thanks for letting me know, I'll ask someone over there

Edit: I'll try to convince the seller to sell me a couple chips. I've been looking for those for a while now.

Last edited:
So far it seems the problem might be solved.
Once the chips arrive, I'll have John send all my chips (including a whole load of P1 233's, enough for me to start testing them to see if they can really have their multi upped to x4) to me and I'll start doing some testing.
So far I can see 3 ways to short those 2 pins:
*Mod the cpu directly
*Do the U-wire socket mod
*Mod the underside of the socket, on the backside of the motherboard.

When using silverpaint, I might use some tape which I'll paint over when shorting the required pins, so in case of a failure I can remove the tape so it breaks the short.

I'm still unsure what this pin mod exactly does, causing the chip to increase it's multi to x4. Will the pinmod lock the multi at x4, causing the motherboard jumpers to not work anymore? What do I do with the motherboard jumpers? Remove them? Set them to x4 (Will need BF0, BF1 and BF2 for that)?

You ignore the motherboard jumpers, it locks the multiplier at x4. It's BF0 and BF1 linked together, iirc, which just means putting voltage into BF0 (iirc which one it is) - it could actually come from anywhere but that pin is right next to it and not used for anything radically different (i.e., steady voltage).

I have try tu run it on MVP3 MB - Aopen AX59 Pro, but can't boot Windows, and can't install new copy. System always hang or report the error. The motherboard cache of cource is off. I can only see the POST window.

Back