• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Toshiba 'Atlas' CDs

modem7

10k Member
From MikeS: "A couple of old (1995 & 1997) Toshiba 'Atlas' CDs with dealer service information recently turned up on CCTALK; they contain parts lists and service manuals for quite a list of older Toshiba systems."
Thank you Mike for bringing them to my attention, and thank you very much to the provider, Jason.
The main content is manuals, tech notes, field service bulletins, BIOS, diagnostics.
I am presently (and slowly) adding the CD contents to my web site, specifically to http://www.minuszerodegrees.net/manuals/Toshiba/Toshiba.htm

This is great, thanks for doing this! A lot of the stuff on these CDs doesn't seem to be available ANYWHERE else.

Please also note that the earlier of the two CDs (the one from 1995) in some cases has nicer TIFFs with full illustrations, compared to the 1997 one. For example, the T1000 service manual on the 1995 CD has full illustrations, but on the 1997 CD, it's just text. Just something to consider.

-Twylo

Please also note that the earlier of the two CDs (the one from 1995) in some cases has nicer TIFFs with full illustrations, compared to the 1997 one. For example, the T1000 service manual on the 1995 CD has full illustrations, but on the 1997 CD, it's just text. Just something to consider.
I just now noticed your post. Yes, last week (before your post), MikeS and I had started the process of converting to the manuals on the 1995 CD, but only where content wise, it is superior to the manual on the 1997 CD. That turns out to be a lot of manuals, and each one has to be 'assembled', because on the 1995 CD, each manual is done as one TIFF file per page.

And there are other differences as well. One example; T4400SXC manual on the 1995 CD but not on the 1997 CD.

We are near completion of the manuals, and then we can start on the other stuff (Diagnostics, BIOS, etc.)

Back