• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

New England Toshiba Infinia 7200 restore diskette

Covers: Vermont, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island and Maine.

FUNCLE

Experienced Member
I'm looking for a Toshiba Infinia 7200 restore diskette. I've got the cdrom, but it's useless without the 3.5" disk.

Dang.. wouldn't work.. stops right at the beginning "WRONG CD". The only difference I could see between the 7200 & 7201 was the MMX chip.
Plan B.. I unencrypted the zip files on the restore CD and made 30+ floppies to install the original software.

I kind of figured that the 7230 boot floppy I had wouldn't work either. I suspect that the floppy is reading something from the CD and comparing it with a file on the floppy. I do have the 7201 and 7230 restore CDs and can check that suspicion if you're interested.

I'm thinking the restore CD I've got may also be the issue (It was a copy of the original). Machine is up and running beautifully with all the bells n' whistles now. I may drop in a 233 MMX cpu I found rummaging around. (That's the maximum for TC430HX motherboard)

Attachments

• IMG_0019.jpeg
    IMG_0019.jpeg
    670.7 KB · Views: 22
I kind of figured that the 7230 boot floppy I had wouldn't work either. I suspect that the floppy is reading something from the CD and comparing it with a file on the floppy. I do have the 7201 and 7230 restore CDs and can check that suspicion if you're interested.
Heya , just got my old 7230 up and running but sadly it’s on windows 2000 since I didn’t have the original disks, Was wondering if you have them 7230 disks uploaded somewhere. Would be really amazing to get this bad boy fully restored.

Hey that would be really amazing ! No rush ! we all have busy schedules and everyday life things to tend to. But yeah sounds like you’ll have some fun digging for lost treasure.

Dang.. wouldn't work.. stops right at the beginning "WRONG CD". The only difference I could see between the 7200 & 7201 was the MMX chip.
Plan B.. I unencrypted the zip files on the restore CD and made 30+ floppies to install the original software.
How'd you go about unencrypting the zip files? Seems my CD drive is dead and when i put a new drive in it doesn't load the drivers for it. Anyways im wanting to try to insert some supported drivers for the new CD rom, or do your plan B with the 100000 floppies.

Last edited:
Find a driver for your CD-ROM that works (the OAK one seems to be the choice du jour). Edit the config.sys on your boot floppy to use it instead of the default one--then things should work.

Find a driver for your CD-ROM that works (the OAK one seems to be the choice du jour). Edit the config.sys on your boot floppy to use it instead of the default one--then things should work.
Finally got a chance to tinker with the system again, Your advise worked like a charm! Thanks so much!
Next step is to track down the 17 inch Infinia monitor and complete the setup. I really like the monitor esthetics with its built in speakers.

Back