• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Toshiba Service Schematics

TronadaSport

Hello, I would like to ask restorers of old machines if there is a possibility of finding the electronic scheme of old Toshiba laptops such as the models t1850, t3200sx, t2100ct, 110cs, 1910cs, it protects 620ct, 220cx and similar equipment of that time ...
I am restoring several computers for my personal collection, and the worst problem I have is having tracks corroded by the acid from the RTC batteries. These faults in the printed circuit are very difficult to solve if I do not have an electronic diagram to restore their continuity. Especially on the newer models.
Is there somewhere to get these schemes?
What would be the best way to find the schematics of a motherboard?
Finally comment that the manuals de des assembly and characteristics if I have found them, but they do not solve my problem.
Greetings from Spain

Attachments

• photo64492.jpg
    photo64492.jpg
    250.8 KB · Views: 5
  • photo64493.jpg
    photo64493.jpg
    188.6 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Maintenance manuals for some Toshiba laptops (see [here]) were provided for authorised service providers, but those manuals do not contain circuit diagrams.
I can only assume that Toshiba did not expect authorised service providers to be doing component level repair.
I am unaware of anyone with circuit diagrams.

My question is: Toshiba didn't have technical services?
Your equipment did not break down or did not have maintenance?
were they disposable computers?

My question is: Toshiba didn't have technical services?
Your equipment did not break down or did not have maintenance?
were they disposable computers?
From what I can see:

* Users/owners went to a Toshiba authorised service provider.
* Toshiba provided various techical information to authorised service providers by way of the ATLAS CD-ROM - see [here].
* The maintenance manuals on the ATLAS CD-ROM helped an authorised service provider isolate the problem cause to a Field Replaceable Unit (FRU), e.g. power supply, system board, keyboard, etc.
* The authorised service provider then contacted Toshiba to acquire a replacement FRU.
* Part numbers for FRU's could be obtained via the software on the ATLAS CD - see [here] for an example screen shot.

Circuit diagrams for the FRU's are not on the ATLAS CD-ROM, which suggests to me that Toshiba did not expect (or want) authorised service providers to be doing component level repairs on FRU's. Obviously, at the time, the FRU circuit diagrams were somewhere in Toshiba. I have yet to see the FRU circuit diagrams put online anywhere.

Thanks for your answers, if anyone has more data or experience with these teams, I appreciate your contribution in these posts. Greetings

Regarding board schematics : I emailed everyone I could find at toshiba, and the company that has emerged from toshiba (dynabook) and got no answer whatsoever

I explained that this would be for restoration of vintage products, etc, but nobody even cared to answer me.

I have a dead T1100 that would, for example, be fixable if I had the schematics. And all the rest is gonna die eventually if they don't share this information.

Last edited:
Back