• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Toshiba T3200 acquired

Saber1764

A few months back, my neighbour brought over a computer he found at the dump. Turned out to be a Toshiba T3200 from 1987. He let me keep it, but I'm not exactly sure what to do with it. I mean it works, boots into the original DOS 3.30 build, but its all unmodified. Took the keyboard off and there was only the faintest hint of dust build-up. Like I said though, aside from just keeping it around i don't know what to do with it, can't seem to find any parts or information on it aside from 1 vintage computer museum article and an online maintenance manual.

Why not post some pictures, we all like pictures. You could try playing LLAMAtron but not sure how well it works on a mono screen. I think these usually had Windows/3 loaded as well. Have fun...

Yeah pictures, I took a lot of those :p
DSC_0017.jpg DSC_0018.jpg DSC_0015.jpg
DSC_0021.jpg DSC_0009.jpg
I took 11 photos of it, all kinds of angles, but i could only choose 5, I would have included the one of it switched on but its got a company address and phone number on the main screen and i didn't want to have that information displayed despite it being a decade or so old. I also poked around the software on it and i believe this particular machine was used to program home automation control boxes.
And yes it does have the back cover, i just removed it to show the ISA slots.

Last edited:
Update it to DOS 5 and play some older games. Could also add an ISA sound card for gaming. Or add an ISA ethernet card, install Windows 3.11, Trumpet and Netscape, then browse some websites - they look cool on this 1337 screen.

Update it to DOS 5 and play some older games. Could also add an ISA sound card for gaming. Or add an ISA ethernet card, install Windows 3.11, Trumpet and Netscape, then browse some websites - they look cool on this 1337 screen.
Could do both, it has 2 ISA slots but installing 3.11 is a bit much as the machine only has 1 MB of RAM and I read that 3.11 should have at least 4

Could do both, it has 2 ISA slots but installing 3.11 is a bit much as the machine only has 1 MB of RAM and I read that 3.11 should have at least 4

1MB is the minimum to run Windows 3.11 - but well i guess you didn't buy this machine to be a highend performance monster, eh?

The whole fun about it is how slow everything is and that it looks so awesome on this screen.

Could also get a SCSI card and connect a CD-ROM to this machine.

1MB is the minimum to run Windows 3.11 - but well i guess you didn't buy this machine to be a highend performance monster, eh?

The whole fun about it is how slow everything is and that it looks so awesome on this screen.

Could also get a SCSI card and connect a CD-ROM to this machine.

*didn't buy it* I'l have to look in the case bag again but i think it came with all the proper cables for hooking up external drives and such. Guess it wouldn't hurt to at least give it a shot, although i just love seeing the Toshiba branding when it boots DOS

I have one of those kicking around as well. Plasma screen, heavy. Still fires up after having been in storage for about 20 years.

I have the original MS-DOS 3.30 disk which I can image if someone wants.

If anybody wants the machine we can talk -- but shipping will kill you.

I have one of those kicking around as well. Plasma screen, heavy. Still fires up after having been in storage for about 20 years.

I have the original MS-DOS 3.30 disk which I can image if someone wants.

If anybody wants the machine we can talk -- but shipping will kill you.

Nice, very nice. If it works i'd hold onto it really, it might be worth something someday.

I found a T3200 years ago at the TRW Ham Swap Meet in LA. It also came with the Nylon zippered case. The problem that I had was that the floppy drive would display "Not ready reading drive A" I searched for a few years and finally found a replacement drive online. I have DOS 6.22 on it right now. The computer housings and covers on these are made some of the best durable plastic I've ever come across. No cracks fading or wear.

Back