• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Toshiba T3200SXC Restoration - An effort 6 years in-progress...

I'm not sure about that. I would use an inverter board that was made for it. The cheapest one I could find and buy was an LS520 inverter board. I haven't tested it because I'm still working on the power supply, but I've found that it's easier than finding the connectors for the DG21's CCFLs. (I'm assuming those have become obsolete.)

Thanks. I'm not sure what point you got up to, but did you manage to design a bracket for that inverter that fits in the current existing mount?

I'm not sure about that. I would use an inverter board that was made for it. The cheapest one I could find and buy was an LS520 inverter board.

I haven't tested it because I'm still working on the power supply, but I've found that it's easier than finding the connectors for the DG21's CCFLs. (I'm assuming those have become obsolete.)
Thanks, I ended up using LED strips and removing the CCFL backlights completely, it's working great with the video connector adapter :). Have you already got mount designs for the LQ104V1DG21 panel? I don't think Adalbert's ones are compatible (which makes sense as it's a different panel).

Be careful about using LED tape/strips in a backlight. They have a tenancy to overheat and slowly cook themselves to death. I've done several LED backlight swaps and had a few of them slowly go yellow then brown and then dead in the span of a year.

Back