• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Trailer full of Vintage Computers for sale near Tampa, Florida

It amazes me how some people just have no decency and often do not reply or reply very briefly or with a tremendous delay. :)

It amazes me how some people just have no decency and often do not reply or reply very briefly or with a tremendous delay. :)

I think that is somewhat harsh. They guy could be hugely busy, ill or even out of town.

I'd be interested in a MacXL or Lisa....not worried about what model especially but would need someone who was prepared to pack it carefully for trans-Atlantic shipping.

I am not referring to this person in general or to be harsh. It is just perplexing to me why people list things and then do not bother to be on top of communication or to move things along. That may also be cultural and/or personality however. Anyway: hopefully this gentleman will get back to us. Or maybe he sold everything already and he did not get around to pulling the ad.

Speculation is an immense waste of time... unless you're into futures/commodities... and then it is also a great waste of money. :)

Yeah, honestly I am most interested in the older Macs and maybe a Mac XL/Lisa. I'm not hugely concerned by the condition of the computers, but I agree that speculation doesn't really mean much until we get a solid response.

I got a nice updated for you guys - how about an album of the stuff :)

http://imgur.com/a/6E7DO

I actually spoke with John last week and went back and forth a couple of times with him.

I am geographically too far away to do anything with it, despite trying to figure it out.

there is an IMMENSE amount of stuff, if somebody is in FL and can go and check it out do so - he sent me pictures of what he said was about 1/3

it's been sitting covered in a trailer for ~10 years, he bought the collection ~10 years ago from somebody else

There are at least 3 LISAs (can't tell which), tons of 128/512ks, virtually every old collector computer you can think of.

Seems like a very nice, reasonable guy.

He has to have it sold and off his property within the next 2 weeks.

If I was in 50 miles i would 100% drive there, there is enough visible to support his price, the real question = are there any true jewels buried in there.

Last edited:
Thanks, there's enough mold/mildew/rot in those pics that in the central Central Florida environment it was kept in for such an extended period of time it is highly probable that much or even most of the equipment will exhibit problems from excessive moisture exposure. It's a crap-shoot, at best.

Thanks for the follow up.

Corrosion would be a real concern. I tried to download the pictures but I am struggling. I will try again this evening from my home PC.

Not sure if a non script version of the pics would help. Some I guess you can tell are worse than others although in general it looks like a pretty nice selection of systems. Certainly an instant collection for anyone near by if one had the time and space to start cleaning them up.

Yeah the central florida enviroment can take a toll on any electronics kept outside. Even if it is in a trailer. Just the Humidity around here will promote rust and corrosion. And if there any small holes or weak seams on the trailer rain could just as well get in. Not to mention some of the small wild like like Roaches, Scorpions, Black widows and Brown recluse spiders as well. So if anyone winds up with this stuff be careful! Lot's of claening as far as I can see from the pic's. And also if anyone attempts to pull that trailer better secure those computers or they will go flying everywhere. Cause looks to me like nothing is holding them in place. Just lying on the floor and stacked on shelves. Be a lot of prep work just to move it all.

Corrosion would be a real concern.
At least they didn't store them stacked under 15-year old boxes of cereal. - You don't want to know. :sad2:

A photo of some of the back plates or the Apple II with the top popped off might give a better idea how badly the metal is corroded. Still, I would think there would be some good parts in there.

I wish I had some place to store an entire trailer! But as it is, I never even found a good place to put a large box of paper I got recently.

Thanks for posting the pics zackl.
I am totally digging the stuff in there (lots of PC Jr's!).
Instant collection for sure.
Now, how to move that trailer within the next two weeks...

The owner is probably best off selling it to one of those big eBay sellers. Hauling, sorting, storing, cleaning, testing and so on would be a huge project with dicey results at best.

At that price it's worth it to rent a storage locker. Even after the cost of the lot, the Uhaul rental and a few months fees for the locker can be paid off pretty fast if you start selling pieces. You'd make a killing.

In case there is a high attrition rate I am not that convinced you would "make a killing". After all: time is money and fees all add up pretty quick. :)

Back