• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Trailer full of Vintage Computers for sale near Tampa, Florida

Wow I just caught up on that thread, the LISA's would make it worth it if luck was on the buyers side, The Commodore PET would be nice to get :)
I hope somebody picks it up at least so its not destined for scrapper.

Decided to take the chance, rent a uhaul, and do the 4hrs drive to get it... Called the guy and found out its been sold!
Anyone here buy it?

Decided to take the chance, rent a uhaul, and do the 4hrs drive to get it... Called the guy and found out its been sold!
Anyone here buy it?

Uniserver over on 68KMLA seems to of committed along with someone else to help move it. There's people crawling over eachother there to get dibs on the lisas.

Mind you, this:
Uniserver said:
zack offer him a grand. cash money. and I can go down there and cherry pick+ups what you want. and toss the rest.
Is scaring the hell out of me. I'm not sure if that's his final plan but I'm sure somebody would put him on a hit list if he was caught buying the lot just to keep a few macs and dump the rest.

Is scaring the hell out of me. I'm not sure if that's his final plan but I'm sure somebody would put him on a hit list if he was caught buying the lot just to keep a few macs and dump the rest.
If there is anything they don't want, they should just say so and let anyone who wants come by and pick up what is left. :D

Most of the computers in the photos look like fairly well known systems, but what worries me are obscure machines that don't look valuable but might yet contain some importance.

Wonder what kind of IBM monitors those are. Clearly PC vintage, but unclear if they are mono or color.

EDIT: Actually I think those are PCjr monitors. Makes sense given the quantity of PCjrs as well.

Last edited:
I also wonder what the console-y computers are in the one picture with the boxed Commodore Datasette are.

The PET is nice, and a TRS-80 Model II as well. Wish I was nearby... if anything I'd like to see the spectacle in person.

...and looks like a Coleco ADAM printer in there as well...

okay, I'm going to stop and give someone else a chance to post again. ;)

Technically you could sell an untested Lisa 2 probably for 600, so for a grand yeah I'm sure they'd make a profit.. well I guess moving expenses are a lot more than $1000 though. Either way I'd imagine the seller wouldn't do that deal though if they have much of a clue about the collection.

Offhand, the Lisas are worth quite a bit in any condition, as is the pictured PET, probably well north of $1000 for just those three items. Be interesting to see if there are any 128k Macs in that lot. There's some good TRS-80 stuff in there as well.

I'm not sure that you'd recoup your money if you count your time to fix it all up. I would think it's probably a better haul to get what you want out of and then sell the rest on as project fixer uppers. Should be able to recoup your "investment" then.

I'm sure most people here agree that these days shipping is a real damp blanket on our hobby though. That kills some enthusiasm for stuff that's not close.

Quick update on this all!

I posted the pictures after deciding to pass on the buy.

But then uni over @ 68kmla said he would be willing to partner, go sort it out, deal with shipping etc.

So we pulled the trigger!

Since I am getting lots of questions so here's a general of our current plan, subject to change:

a) We're going to take a rough inventory this coming Sunday and some additional pics.

b) We'll pick out stuff that fit our collections or repair interests (the LISA stuff, some of the old apples, software, etc) to ship and imagine that will probably only eat max 20% of what's there.

c) We'll list the remaining inventory Sunday or Monday for "first dibs" here and @ 68kmla. We will accept "reasonable" offers by end of day Monday. EG not looking for EBAY pricing and want to get stuff into real collectors hands but offers should be in range of fair market. I will post an update with more specific timing once Uni has a look. Uni has offered to ship stuff directly from FL. Payments should be made via PayPal, Bitcoin, or similar - I know people don't love PayPal so if you have a better idea / way I am open to considering. The timeline is tight, but Uni is only there for 3 days.

d) Once we see who wants what, Uni will ship on Tuesday. Then we will list remaining inventory for free to be picked up locally within these forums and let than run for a week so people can arrange to get themselves there - it will be first come, first serve at that point as you'll need to arrange with the original seller (who is a very easy guy to work w/so far in our experience!)

e) Once everybody's had a shot the ad will be reposted on CL as "Free" to the local scavengers.

and once the local scavengers get their hands on it, the remainder will go to scrap, meth, or drug addicts.....

I am hopeful that between the 68kmla and VintageComputing community we can clean as much of it out as possible to preserve anything worth preserving.

I just spoke w/the seller and he said we actually have until the last week of Nov, so that gives a little more time to work with before he'll put it back on CL in free . . .

Where is the equipment going to end up location wise still Florida? (Thought the sale was a requirement to pull the trailer away).

Does anyone know what these are?

29vhx6s.png

Wow! It looks like this is finally coming together. It's really cool that we actually got someone on this thread to buy! Can't wait to see the inventory!

Upon inspecting the photos, I noticed you had a bunch of old Mac keyboards! I really need one for my 512k , and if you find any mice let me know!

Back