• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Trailer full of Vintage Computers for sale near Tampa, Florida

I suppose there's a thread on the 68k site also? We're probably all waiting on who ends up with what hardware or what ends up for post-purchase but I'm not quite clear if there is a distinct person in charge for anyone to talk to about buying stuff.

Those lisas are probably recoverable even though they look like hell.

I suppose there's a thread on the 68k site also? We're probably all waiting on who ends up with what hardware or what ends up for post-purchase but I'm not quite clear if there is a distinct person in charge for anyone to talk to about buying stuff.

Uniserver posted a while ago that he was struck down with food poisoning so after he and someone else drove off with most of the mac stuff (and the PETs) everyone else was left twisting in the wind because they didn't pick anything else up. The trailer probably still has a LOT of hardware in it. We're all kind of annoyed. If someone else wants to take the rest of the haul I'm sure the guy is willing to break a deal.

They bought it and didn't haul the trailer away?

From the one photo I saw there was a pickup truck packed with macs in a parking lot at night. I'm assuming they were going to get the rest the next day.

THE OTHER THREAD IS OVER AT 68KMLA. PLEASE READ IT ALL IF YOU ARE CONFUSED.

From the one photo I saw there was a pickup truck packed with macs in a parking lot at night. I'm assuming they were going to get the rest the next day.

THE OTHER THREAD IS OVER AT 68KMLA. PLEASE READ IT ALL IF YOU ARE CONFUSED.

That thread must be in a members-only subforum, because I looked through the publicly viewable subforums and didn't see anything.

Ideally they would post a list of items for sale with pictures on Google Drive. Assuming that is still the plan of course.

That thread must be in a members-only subforum, because I looked through the publicly viewable subforums and didn't see anything.

Ffffs. Bloody mac people and thinking they need to keep be protective.
Okay, give me some time to re-read the entire thread and I'll get back to you. The last time I tried to relay a sale things went horribly wrong.

Update

Update

Hey everybody - here's an update on where we're at.

The 68k forum has been more active as that's where Charles (uniserver) posts and he was the man on the ground.

Sunday

Charles flew down from Michigan with ~72hrs on the ground total.

The haul was HUGE as you can see in the pictures I posted earlier in the thread, it would have made any hoarder proud.

Unfortunately this mean that Charles had to spend most of the first day just trying to get stuff out and somewhat sorted.

Monday

Tried to post pictures here and on 68k, my posts had to be moderator approved so I asked TanruNomad to upload.

There was such a volume of stuff there was no way to inventory it in time.

On the 68k board several people messaged us with small lots they wanted pulled out and Charles managed to ship several items off.

Unfortunately near end of day Monday whether from the insane heat or bad lunch Charles was down and out w/food poisoning and that threw a monkey wrench into the ongoing plans of trying to piece out and ship for other members.

Tuesday

Charles got our stuff shipped out which I'll post on later but included that nice PET, corroded LISAs, some working 128ks, software, that Polymorphic, Apple II, Apple IIIs.

He then connected with a 68k member that runs a vintage computer museum ~5 hrs drive away who drove down to Sarasota - I'll invite him to post here too.

He picked up a bunch of Tandy, Amiga, Timex, etc stuff.

Charles wound up missing his flight, but caught an early AM one and is now back home.

Moving forward

We still own all the contents of the trailer and have ~3 weeks to figure out what to do with it before the owner is going to put it on CraigsList free.

We've asked the vintage computer museum guy if he wants to head back over and do a better inventory and potentially piece out to forum members.

If there's another member here that's close to Sarasota and wants a crack at it and maybe willing to inventory and ship we are completely open - goal is to get good stuff into the hands of people that want it so nothing worth saving winds up in scavenger's hands!

Zack

Those lisas are probably recoverable even though they look like hell.

Uniserver posted a while ago that he was struck down with food poisoning so after he and someone else drove off with most of the mac stuff (and the PETs) everyone else was left twisting in the wind because they didn't pick anything else up. The trailer probably still has a LOT of hardware in it. We're all kind of annoyed. If someone else wants to take the rest of the haul I'm sure the guy is willing to break a deal.

Agreed. A Lisa is better than no Lisa.

Okay, going back through the thread there was a lot of people trying of cherrypick and debate on weather every system was garbage because they were in florida (why are these people so optimistic and thick??). In the end it is decided that uni and zaxk will buy the lot and try distributing the contents over the next month. Uniserver headed down on November 3 and here's his report:

Uniserver said:
i got in at 12:30pm in tampa got the uhaul
drove through probably the most beautiful route i have ever taken
met the guy... he is ok... a little shyster ish if you know what i am sayin... flea market types
Doesn't know anything when its convenient to him... but knows everything when trying to prove his point of worth.
i love it when people throw around the "VALUE" of parts as if that holds hardly any water.
By god thers gotta be 15 20 thousand just in parts alone!!!
to me that statement is admission of guilt.

anyways i grabed up what i could and tried to do a run to the 24 hour fedex office in Sarasota
2 profile hds
2 IIc 1 -514 and 1-312 version
and orginal apple II panted case and all
3 - 128's
boat loads of orginal apple macintosh keyboards and mice + a NUM pad
2 apple iie's loaded with cards
2 apple iigs loaded
1 512k
that apple plotter
that mint Apple Silentype
and some other little things

(your typical stuff that would make any one of us drool over)
:)

by the way Sarasota is beautiful! not in a i'm rich and you are scum kinda way ether...
like how they are on palm beach... etc

zack seemed like he wants to wait, and re think our strategy.
so i left fedex with all the stuff and loaded it back in the trailer.
( no other safe place for this stuff ) BTW i have 24/7 access to this trailer.

the 3 items that he really wanted are totally screwed.
3 lisas 2 - XL's 1 - LISA2
All 3 battery explosions, nasty as HECK.

there might be some salvageable parts... plastics look pretty good.
crt looks pretty good...

anyways its 11:13 i got like 1.5 hours sleep last night and i am so tired i forgot what my name is.

i have some pictures but my iphone is flat dead.

i will post some when it powers back up.

And then some pics...
file.php

file.php

Everybody crys over the Lisas (I'm still very confident they can be repaired)

He posts a link to even more photos of the trip.
...and another link...

His "how to break it up and ship" plan:
Uniserver said:
guys, if you want any of this and are ready to paypal money over + shipping
there is a FEDEX open 24 hours a little south of here... if i need to to pull an all nighter to satisfy all your orders i will
send the picture of all of what you want to zack... just tell him what you want to pay. no time for haggle
go to fedex.com and figure out roughly what its going to cost to ship the address of the 24 hour fedex office is. 34329
i will be on the way home tomorrow from here at 5pm

do not drag your feet if you want this stuff email with a zack with a $.

For the next while everyone is madly crawling over eachother to try and get their orders in.

Then Uniserver returns.
Uniserver said:
i was screwed up big time for most of the night,
around 9am things started to even out for me. so i passed out for a couple hours. geting ready to meet up with a fellow member. he is bringing cash so pickin time will be going on

http://www.scis.nova.edu/museum.html

zack said let em pick. hook em up... sorry guys this is physically the last deal im going to be able to do.. i have to be at the airport to leave in not too long...

Zackl Is suppost to be posting this here, but watch me beat him to the punch. ;)

Zackl said:
Hey guys - summary of what happened & what's next that I just cross-posted to vintage computing forum . . .

Sunday

Charles flew down from Michigan with ~72hrs on the ground total.

The haul was HUGE as you can see in the pictures posted earlier in the thread, it would have made any hoarder proud.

Unfortunately this mean that Charles had to spend most of the first day just trying to get stuff out and somewhat sorted.

The LISAs were pretty well toasted inside which started us off with a negative, but lots of other treasures presented themselves which balanced it out.

Monday

There was such a volume of stuff there was no way to inventory it in time.

Several people messaged us with small lots they wanted pulled out and Charles managed to ship several items off and then had to hit a $150/min due to time constraints.

Unfortunately near end of day Monday whether from the insane heat or bad lunch Charles was down and out w/food poisoning.

Tuesday

Charles got our stuff shipped out which I'll post on later but included that nice PET, corroded LISAs, some working 128ks, software, that Polymorphic, Apple II, Apple IIIs.

He then connected with a 68k member that runs a vintage computer museum ~5 hrs drive away who drove down to Sarasota who can post his experience too and took a lot of good items with him.

Charles wound up missing his flight, but caught an early AM one and is now back home.

Moving forward

We still own all the contents of the trailer and have ~3 weeks to figure out what to do with it before the owner is going to put it on CraigsList free.

If there's another member here that's close to Sarasota and wants a crack at it and maybe willing to inventory and ship we are completely open - goal is to get good stuff into the hands of people that want it so nothing worth saving winds up in scavenger's hands!

And just to say out loud what everybody here already knows - Charles / Uni is a !@%!@ rockstar.

I have had him do a lot of recapping in the past w/great results and on this adventure the guy went as hard at this as anybody I have ever seen!

He likely rescued a bunch of items that I would have missed, I'm very appreciative of his efforts for me and everybody else that got to participate!

zackl

Last edited:
I would say logistically trying to accommodate everyone has got to be a major PITA, especially for such a short visit. I wouldn't blame them for not wanting to handle everyone's wishes and just get what they want out of it.

Yup. All in all, glad they're making the effort to save the stuff and i'm sure it'll get pretty well claimed and bought. Nice of him to cross post also. It's funny, yeah that original II is worth the most out of the lot from what I've seen but also funny since I own most Apple systems already so no biggie there. We have lots of folks that are interested in the non-apple gear too so I think a nice blend of interest and potential buyers. Only downfall is the usual cost of shipping. Wish I knew more about what was wrong my with my Lisa2. Could use some cards to trouble shoot but without any knowledge or time spent trouble shooting yet it's probably a no go for now. Guess we'll wait for Zackl to pop back up. Maybe a google spreadsheet would be a good way to track status of gear and potential claims?

It's funny, yeah that original II is worth the most out of the lot from what I've seen but also funny since I own most Apple systems already so no biggie there.

I think that's going to end up a II+ with a Original two lid unless I'm looking at the wrong picture. It has a II+ power light and the motherboard looks like a II+. Everything looks really trashed by the Florida humidity too. A lot of that looks like it was out in the rain even.

Anyone live near the site of the trailer? I read the whole thread on the other forum and there's still stuff in there AND the guy is going to put up the rest for free on craig's list....

I live about 3.5 hours from there, and have offered to Zack to ride down with a truckload of packing materials and help out in exchange for an item or three. Last that we communicated (this past Friday), they had a guy who ran a Vintage Computer Museum coming to take a look and possibly purchase everything that was left. So far as the "guy" listing things for free on CL, Zack told me that was to happen after their timeframe to collect what they wanted expired (about 3 more weeks)

I figure Zack will let me know if I'm needed, and if not, then it saves me a tank of gas.

Back