• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Trailer full of Vintage Computers for sale near Tampa, Florida

Have some details to share...
There's still a lot of stuff in the trailer! Below is a fairly complete list of what remains, although not every little item is listed - there's 1000's of books, joysticks, power supplies, rf modulators, software, cartridges, disks, cassettes, etc, etc, etc... The museum got a lot of great items, and I was able to pick up some for myself as well. I'm not planning any more trips to the trailer - I don't think there's anything valuable enough to justify 8 hours of driving. I would consider offers on some of the items I picked up for myself - we can have those dicsussions via PM.

Item Qty Notes
TRS-80 Modem 1
Timex Sinclair 1000 6
Commodore 64 4
Mac Classic 1
IBM PCjr 18
IBM PCjr Monitors 22
Commodore 128 1
Commodore VIC-20 3
Commodore 1520 Plotter 1
TRS-80 5MB Hard Drive 1 Case Only
TI-994a Boxed 1
TI-994a 3
AT&T 6300 w/ Monitor 1
TRS-80 Model 1 Monitor 2
Epson Slimline PC 1
Mattel Aquarius 3
Colleco ADAM 2
Magnavox Odyssey Carts 10
Tandy Color Computer 2 1
Magnetic Punch Cards??? 5
IBM Writing Assistant 3
Commodore 1530 DataCasette 2
Commodore MPS Printer 1
Apple Monitor III 2
IBM Basic 6
Commodore 16 1
SWT Casette Interface 1
PowerMac 1 NUBUS / 66mhz
Apple Matrix Printer 1
Sharp Laptop 1
2400 Baud Modem Boxed 1
Logitech Scanman Mac 1
Apple MacPaint 1
Misc Matrix Printer 1
HP Deskjet 1
Box of IBM PCjr Spare Parts 1
TRS-80 Matrix printer 2
Box of TRS-80 Casette Software 1
Atari 800 1
QIC Tape Drive w/ ISA Card 1
Zenith Terminal 2
Tommy Tutor 1
Tandy 100 portable 1
Misc 8080 portable 1
Blue Chip Printer 12
IBM 5150 1 Case Only
Apple Imagewriter 1
IBM PCjr Sidecars 10
5.25 Floppy Drives - Bare 6
Apple II System Saver 2
Victor Computer w/ Monitor 2
Turbo XT Clone 1
Apple IIgs Monitor 1
Mindset II Computer 1
Misc TouchScreen Computer 1
Box of Misc Software 5
Box of Manuals 5
Box of Cables/Misc 3

I'm crying a little inside because there is definitely a lot of stuff here worth saving (I'm personally interested in the PCjr and AT&T stuff listed above), but it would take me 20 hours to drive there which I can't justify. What are the plans for the rest of these items?

From where I live, it would take me 19 hours to get there. Assuming 40mpg on my car, it would take 38 hours of driving and nearly $200 in gas for the trip... I can't jusitify that at this time, so I will try not to think about this stuff hitting the dumpster :-(

Last edited:
since no one is local-local to the trailer that could do proxy, I guess they're going to the dumpster...
otherwise it would've been nice to be able to pick up a few pieces in that list.

Last edited:
Have some details to share...
There's still a lot of stuff in the trailer! Below is a fairly complete list of what remains, although not every little item is listed - there's 1000's of books, joysticks, power supplies, rf modulators, software, cartridges, disks, cassettes, etc, etc, etc... The museum got a lot of great items, and I was able to pick up some for myself as well. I'm not planning any more trips to the trailer - I don't think there's anything valuable enough to justify 8 hours of driving. I would consider offers on some of the items I picked up for myself - we can have those dicsussions via PM.

An impressive list of stuff remains to be sure, but like you said, may not be worth the drive. Out of curiousity's sake, what did you manage to save?

I thought last news was it was going to a museum although most of it still seemed "for resale" if you talked to the purchaser.

my understanding is that the hoard has already been picked through by the museum, and the remainder if not picked will be tossed (but I could be wrong... indeed, I hope I am wrong.)

Oh. Some clarification would be good there I guess. Has anyone thought to inform the original seller of these forums? I would think it'd be worth his time yappin with us to get the rest to a home.

The museum was able to pickup a lot, but due to space and transport - had to leave stuff behind. I would talk to uniserver over at 68kmla for current details.

I have just reached out to the gentleman who is reported to be the current owner of the items (whom I don't believe is the original trailer owner -- but I'm willing to be wrong on this account). I'll report back anything I am able to find out.

Near as I can tell, we are seriously lacking anyone who has the ability or ambition to make a drive, collect the remaining desired items, and then actually ship those contents. I wouldn't mind handling the shipping, but the drive is too great for me.

Yeah, that's the common problem :-( Lots of great collections end up having the irony of cost of shipping and distance killing them. Thanks though, let us know what ya find out or if they don't mind their contact info being spread. I'd love to poke at a few items but I'm also in a sad state and probably can't afford to ship much <grumble>.

I'd do it, but have no space to store it. No storage space locally, either... and, frankly, from the list that's left... there's not much hardware-wise to interest me (though if I had gone out there, my plan was to grab all the Jr sidecars for myself, at the least, if only to send to Mike and Co to give out for free with XT-IDEjr's)

I've been busy for the last several days, and just found a PM from Zack last Thursday telling me about the museum guys, and that he'd post a list over at 68kmla of whatever was left. Guess we've got it here now as well!

Does anyone know if any pix are posted of what's left? - Frankly, I wouldn't really be able to go over this weekend, as my brother just closed on a new house and I'm helping him move, but it might spur others that are in-state to make the drive if there's something.

I just really, really hope that any cool software like some of that Sierra stuff I saw in the pix found a good home :)

I just read the whole thread. Sounds like it turned into quite a mess, despite valiant attempts to prevent that. :) What "museum" was involved?

Yes, that is the museum. I don't really have pics of what's left, but there were a lot of pics taken in the begining. - should be able to find something. If you have questions about a particular item, pm me and I'll tell you what I know.

Just looked over all the pics from the posted link.....Hopefully someone saved that Hallicrafters short wave radio :)

Back