• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Travelmate 4000E.

Anyone know where I can find a docking station for this relic? LOL

chris

The usual place, ebay, is probably your best bet.

Of course, that begs the question, why? If I remember correctly, the docking station is HUGE, as in much bigger than the laptop!

Curtis

I'd like to have it for my son, who wants a laptop to play with. Since this is so old, I figured, why not? :) I've already tried Ebay, with no luck.

chris

I'd like to have it for my son, who wants a laptop to play with. Since this is so old, I figured, why not? :) I've already tried Ebay, with no luck.

chris

If you're anywhere near the Dallas-Fort Worth area, there's a store in Arlington that has a TON of older computer stuff including TI docking stations. If I remember correctly, the name is something like Electronic Discount. It's located on Pioneer Street.

If you're NOT in the DFW area, I'm completely out of suggestions.

Curtis

chris

I'm having to make a trip to the DFW area next week and will check Electronics Discount. If I find one for a reasonable amount, your definition, I'll give you a shout.

chris

BTW, where abouts are you located? I'll try to factor in shipping also.

Sorry it took so long to respond, I am in Wytheville, Va. 24382 . Thanks for your help!

chris

Well, got by Electronic Discount and dug all over the store and only found one TI docking station, but nobody had a clue as to what it went to. However, I also found an old TI 286 and checked the connectors out and they matched, so no joy for the 4000E.

Too bad you didn't have an old Dell, there were a scrunch load of those!

Sorry, but I gave it my best shot. I'll still keep an eye out around here in Amarillo, but this almost as desolate computer-wise as it is entertainment wise!

Curtis,
Thanks alot guy! Your effort is very much appreciated, I'll keep looking tho!

chris

You might check for HAM radio hamfests in your area. Lots of amateur radio operators would use computer gear for packet radio. I've found several interesting items at these shows over the years.

Check http://www.arrl.org/hamfests.html for a list of shows in your neck of the woods.

It seems the closest of these events is too far for me to get to, so I'll keep looking. Thanks for the idea!

chris

Well, I dont have this Travelmate anymore, so no longer looking. Thanks anyway all!

chris

Back