• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Trs-80 DosPlus and the SDLTRS emulator (Mac)

Audronic

Experienced Member
Hi All

I am using DosPlus Model 4 Version which works OK BUT if i try to get an Hard Drive working (with a blank VHD in Hard 1)
It Hangs ?? I have tried the Model 3 Version also and same result.

Has anybody tried DosPlus and Hard drive in an emulator Please That worked.

Yours Ray

G'day Ray, I had the same probs with trying to get DosPlus IV running on the FreHD and Sdltrs , seems the drivers I have are mapped incorrectly.
I gave them a bit of tweak and they now "seem" to be working OK on both.
Give em a go
cheers
Gazza

Attachments

• RFORMAT2.zip
    2.6 KB · Views: 2
Hi Gazza

Thanks for the files I will give it a go Tuesday 30-07-2013

Had a try tonight with rformat2 & rigid2/dvr No Go I might have a Faulty dosplus/dsk (dmk).

do you have a Model3 or Model 4 Dosplus Working VHD i could try Please They zip up quite small.

Yours Ray

Last edited:
@Gazza
I Have the Model 4 DosPlus Version working with the Version 2 Files Thanks.

Do you Have the Model 3 Versions of RFormat/cmd and Rigid/dvr Please.

I have NOT tried it with FreHD yet.

I have been working with Newdos and the FreHD its all working except for some support files ( Import/Export/Vhdutl. ) I can Mount 2 x 48.96 MEG. as 2 Volumes Hard4-0 and Hard4-1.

and I thought i would explore DosPlus as it has Hard Drive Support.

Yours Ray

Hi Ray
Attached are the files for the Model 3 version of DosPlus 3.5. I had the same problem with these as I did with the Model 4 version. Same problem, same fix.
I haven't tried them on the FreHD but they "seem" to be working OK with SDLTRS
As with anything I do the usual disclaimers apply :)
cheers
Gazza

Attachments

• Rigid2-M3.zip
    2.7 KB · Views: 1
@ Gazza
DosPlus Model 3 Version 3.5.0 Works with FreHD, 3 Partitions 15 Meg on HARD4-0.

Import2 Export2 Vhdutl2 also work ( Must remember the -e Flag )

And it mounts from floppy with config setup and becomes Drive 0.

Observation :- The Dos is a bit Clunky sometimes gets lost even from floppy ( Same in Emulator )

Again Thanks again

Yours Ray

G'day Ray, glad you got it working. I tried DosPlus 3.5 on the FreHD today, all quick and painless - almost.
I had problems making a bootable floppy from a virtual image - somehow I made a mess of it and got the dir on track 10!!
The second attempt worked perfectly.
Also, can't load MODELA/III from floppy with DosPlus but I managed to work a "swifty" and got it going.
cheers
Gazza

@gazza

Good to hear yours worked, I used the basic program rinit/bas and set it 306 Cly,3,3,0
and let it do its stuff. It took about 3 attempts to get it to work But Finally all OK

I don't have a 4P But if you have the details for ModelA/III I would be interested

Yours Ray

Back