• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

TRS-80 Model I rarity

dreddnott

Experienced Member
I have a TSR-80 Model I Level II packed away in a steamer trunk with a ton of software, books, original manuals, cassettes, monitor w/green-screen, etc. and I was looking for something similar on eBay.

I was unable to find any Model I's for sale, and only a scarce few Models III and IV.

Are they rare/expensive or is this just a bad time on eBay?

They aren't that rare but they don't show up every day. I've had two donated to me and a third trashed one packaged in with another deal.

Usually there are sveral of each model for sale at any given time. However the last month has been a little "dry" on ebay.

Usually there are sveral of each model for sale at any given time. However the last month has been a little "dry" on ebay.

I just looked on eBay, and there are plenty of TRS-80's out there, although they seem to be mostly Model 100's and CoCo's today.

Check back in a couple of days, there will probably be a flood of Model III's and IV's! :)

Yeah, I totally ignored the Model 100 and Color Computer stuff.

I have a Model IV as well, I don't think I'd be interested in acquiring any more...but software might be cool.

The rarest trs 80 Model 1 has 26-1008 on the model/part number.

If you add in a working expansion unit with a double density controller installed, the assoicated cables and drives then you're talking.

Back