• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

TRS-80 Tandy Event Interest Poll

TRS-80 Tandy Event Interest Poll

• Total voters

pski

Staff member
I'm trying to gauge support for a gathering of like-minded TRS-80 fanatics. This would include all iterations of TRS-80s, including the Coco, Models I/II/III/4/12/16/16B/6000/100/200/PC-1/PC-2 etc. Tandy PCs may also be welcome. There would be exhibits, including hobbyists showing off their collection or projects as well as vendors selling their TRS-80 retro products. There may be some presentations from experts. The event may be part of an existing retro computer event or it may be a new standalone event depending on the interest level.

As in anything, we would not move forward unless there was significant interest and it could be done in a quality way. Even if you would not attend, it is important to get your vote of "No" in order to better understand the interest level in the community.

So, would you attend a Tandy & TRS-80 focused vintage computing event somewhere in the continental US in 2017?

I'm interested :smile: but I have not voted yet. I'm indecisive because of the travel costs from Europe to the event's location within the USA. Otherwise at any time!

-Rainer

I'm very interested but whether I could attend (and exhibit) depends strongly on the location (closer to Texas is better) and what other work/family conflicts happen to align with the date.

I'm very interested, but unfortunately it is too far and too expensive for me to visit the fair.
I see no option to vote for this.

I voted "No" for the simple reason that I don't like to travel. But if the event was in southern California, then I would very likely change my vote. Despite my own "No" vote, I think this is a great idea and I hope it all comes together!

I voted yes, but it would really depend on the location.

To me, the logical location would be in the DFW area, specifically Fort Worth as that was were the home office was located.

Back