• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Trying to put together an ET-3400

Floppies_only

Veteran Member
Gang,

I am trying to piece together a Heathkit ET-3400 microprocessor trainer and the related coursework. That rather than buy it together for 180.00 on the 'Bay. The computer is coming, and I have three books: "Microprocessors", Books one, two, and "student workbook".

Can anyone tell me what the flipchart has on it, what the two cassette tapes are for, and if there are any other pieces besides that?

Also, does anybody know if the ETA-3400 expansion module comes up on eBay very often?

I guess neat stories about the unit would be a fun bonus, too, if anybody has any.

Thanks in advance and afterwards,
Sean

The expansion base does come up on ebay but not anything like weekly. It is ALWAYS expensive at the final bell, like 200-250 range. I did manage to buy one awhile back. You have to add a 40 pin male header to the microprocessor trainer for the ribbon cable connector (which I haven't got around to yet). And, they say something about needed a terminal that does 6 bit ascii (not 7 bit).

I should sell mine but haven't made a decision as to whether I'll ever get around to getting it going.

The expansion base does come up on ebay but not anything like weekly. It is ALWAYS expensive at the final bell, like 200-250 range. I did manage to buy one awhile back. You have to add a 40 pin male header to the microprocessor trainer for the ribbon cable connector (which I haven't got around to yet). And, they say something about needed a terminal that does 6 bit ascii (not 7 bit).

Can a Heathkit terminal use six-bit mode? It seems like, if anything would work, it would come from Benton Harbor.

Sean

Back