• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Turbo C 2.0 professional

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barry

Years ago as they came out I bought every version of Turbo C beginning with 1.0 and going through to BC 3.1.

I've been going through them putting together the various packages in zip files to put on a CD for safekeeping. However, all the floppies are kind of mixed together.

My main concern (but not my only one) is Turbo C 2.0 professional. The professional version came with the assembler and the debugger and maybe the profiler. But I'm having a hard time figuring out which version of each.

My first assumption was TC 2 and TASM 2 and TF 2 and TD 2 but I quickly realized the thelp program that came with TC 2 won't work with the help files that came with the others and I know that wasn't originally the case. So, matching up dates I think I've figured out that TC 2 came with TASM 1.1 and TD 1. And probably didn't have a profiler.

But the help file doesn't work that way either. I'm pretty sure I remember that TC 2's help program worked with all the help files. Or maybe that was a later version than 2.

Anyway, I wonder if anyone remembers just what version of TASM and TF and TD came with Turbo C 2.0 professional. Also if anyone remembers what other versions matched up with what. Although TC 2 is my primary interest.

Also, does anyone remember which version of TC first came with the debugger and profiler and assembler?

Barry

turbo c 2.0 package

turbo c 2.0 package

You touch me in the heart :eek:
Turbo C 2.0 was one THE 1st language sw I bought myself many years
ago.
I still own it, w/ original manuals :D

See here:
http://www.emsps.com/oldtools/borc.htm scroll down to
turbo c 2.0 and click "version information" to see deatils.

IT seems the package was like this:
TASM v1.0
TD v1.5

Is it possible to obtain Borland Turbo C 2.x Pro anywhere now? It is kinda abandonware but I really need it (especially the Turbo Debuggers disassembler) to tinker a bit in an embedded 486 machine...

Necroposting is less of a concern when you're dealing with vintage machines -- many of us have been waiting 30 years for some answers ;-)

What is not acceptable, however, is not performing simple prior research. Nikodem, doing a google search turns up the info that Turbo C has been a legal download for many years with the download link easily found. Please do some rudimentary searching next time.

Wow, that's very cool.
Buy the way, do you have Turbo C++ 3.0 with 5.25" 2HD version? (02-18-1992, 03:00)?
My disk 1 has lost.

Necroposting is less of a concern when you're dealing with vintage machines -- many of us have been waiting 30 years for some answers ;-)

What is not acceptable, however, is not performing simple prior research. Nikodem, doing a google search turns up the info that Turbo C has been a legal download for many years with the download link easily found. Please do some rudimentary searching next time.

"Necroposting" is a bad thing. The people you are replying to are statistically likely to be long gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back