• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Two IBM 5150s and one IBM 5160 with a 286 Upgrade - Possibly

Compgeke

Veteran Member
Today was a great day, house got inspected today post-quake and now we got red tagged and now there's a good chance the house will be condemned.

I figured it would be a good time to possibly get rid of the 5150s and the 5160 should it be condemned. I'll update if that happens as if anyone wants anything you'll have to be there when the house gets cleared out if we end up with a very short time to clear it all out, we won't have room for anything.

First off is the 5160. It's a pretty upgraded system, far from stock. It's running a 10 MHz 286 upgrade, VGA Graphics, InPort card and somewhere a mouse, 20 MB hard drive, Dual 360 KB floppies and an AST SixPack Plus bring it to 640KB ram. Might have something else but I can't remember at the moment. It does work fine. $50.

Second is a 5150. It's a 256-64KB board, 640 KB ram via some upgrade card, not sure right now, after market CGA Graphics, Dual 360 KB floppy and I can't remember anything else. It worked when I last used it. $40.

Last is the older 5150, 16-64KB board. It only has 64 KB ram, two floppies and a video card in it. I can probably find a floppy controller if I look around. $25.

I'll update with anything but feel free to PM if interested. You will have to meet in Yountville should the worst happen as I can assure that everything won't be able to go and while it would be nice to take them with me I would rather keep the Compaq Portable and such before the desktop units.

Sorry about the house ...

I think you are asking too little for the systems. You might be in a hurry, but ask for a fair price first. The XT is a very nice system for $50 - it probably should be at least double that.

Mike

I agree... the 286 upgrade is likely worth the asking price.

That said... crossing my fingers for you. I heard about the quakes from a close friend in San Jose. Being from and still living in Florida, quakes are a hard thing for me to wrap my head around.

Sad to hear about your house. This sounds like a really stressful situation.

Your prices are very low and I can appreciate that perhaps the main thing is to get these to a good home. However, perhaps you could find a friend in the area who can store them long enough for you to either get a better price, or until other arrangements can be made. If I was in the area I'd love to help you out.

Pity about the house. My feelings got out to you and your family. What a shame I hope all works out well and best of luck. I too am from Florida but having lived in California (southern) and in Japan I know about earthquakes. They can be very nerve racking. We down here have our occasional hurricanes and they too can do a lot of damage. Again Best luck to you and yours.

I gotta say that AST Six Pack Plus boards sell for over $100 on eBay just by themselves, and 360k floppies sell for $35 - $50 each.

A shame you can find a place for these and part them out. I'm sure you could use the money.

Alright: I can officially move stuff now so I'm only selling Core 2+ stuff on Craigslist and ewasting Pentium 4s. Being as old computers stack easily I'm able to keep them until we actually find a new place. I have a 486 luggable here in the hotel with me so I'm not completely deprived of old computers (although I have been told my Thinkpad T410 is old).

I'll have to update whenever we find a new house. Right now the trouble is rent is $1500/mo+ and most people are denying because that's more than 34% of the household income. Problem is, the household income is about a grand off of the $4500 mark and nowhere near the $6k/mo that 95% of houses within 30 miles are commanding. I do honestly wonder what idiot making $54k a year would want to move to Fairfield or Vallejo but I guess people think that'll happen. [/rant]

Back