• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Ultimate MFM Controller Card

Marty

Veteran Member
Hi All;
Here is what I call the Ultimate MFM (S-100) Controller Card, also made by Miniscribe, its a MS1002..

04242014044.jpg

THANK YOU Marty

Attachments

• 04242014043.jpg
    04242014043.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Hi All;
Mike, Thank You, for the information, I Stand Corrected.. I didn't know about the STDC/X Board..
The Main Purpose of this Board was that it allowed Miniscribe to change a Large ammount of Parameters, while testing their Drives, before sending them out.. So, The Board You mention is better, since it has the Z-80 and DMA, for getting the customers information off of the Drive.. Where this was for Testing Purposes only, and I was also thinking and comparing it to the Miniscribe IDE board I pictured in a different posting.. and the WD Boards that I have in my 286 PC..
Thank You for setting me Straight.. I need to do some research before posting..

THANK YOU Marty

Thank You for setting me Straight.. I need to do some research before posting..

THANK YOU Marty
Nah, don't take me too seriously; I was just teasing you a bit because words like Ultimate, best, first, etc. are just asking for someone to point out something better, older, etc., and as usual I couldn't resist... ;-)

From a purely technical perspective the STDC/X is indeed probably one of the best S-100 ST-506 controllers out there and it does indeed shine in the environment it's designed for (Cromix), but I'd imagine that it would be a bit of a challenge to fully use it in a 'normal' CP/M environment; at least I don't know of anyone who's even tried. It's also not very common (but what HD controller is...), so in practical terms yours would probably be a better choice.

FWIW, I didn't even know that Miniscribe made S100 ST-412/506 controllers

Hi All;
The Company that I used to work for built many Test Racks for Miniscribe, and even though this Board was not (If I remember correctly) used for these particular Test Racks.. This Particular Board was used later on in the Process to Test Drives for Final Functionility testing.. Varing the Timing and length of the Various signals, Moving the Heads Off Track, etc.. They basicially are the HD-1001, with more stuff from Advanced Digital..
THANK YOU Marty

Back