• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Universal Multi-I/O Controller & RAM Expansion

I'm not sure about that, given it's SMT. That scares off everyone, in my experience.

Maybe a Kickstarter project for a medium run order with assembly would be in order if the basic development gets far enough along.

Not a bad idea. Wouldn't be a bad way to seek funding for some of these projects from a more universal audience - post it around on various sites, so what kind've bites you get. Might help kick off some of Lynch's proto runs as well (the FM synth card among them)

Not a bad idea. Wouldn't be a bad way to seek funding for some of these projects from a more universal audience - post it around on various sites, so what kind've bites you get. Might help kick off some of Lynch's proto runs as well (the FM synth card among them)

I would be very happy to donate 10 bucks to any of these projects(especially the Lynch (I love OPL2 synth)). Maybe create a funding account named "vintage-computer-forum-projects" ? The keeper shows some buy info, money usage, etc...

I'd be in favor of the EMS pool, the usb gadgetry and the mp3 support, but anything and everything you could make that thing do would be a boon to the 8-bit computer, especially if the card has it's own CPU so the older comps aren't choking up.

@eeguru
I see your need a bracket for that card. I can make a prototype from Stainless Steel or Aluminum sheet metal, if you like. The only thing I would ask in return, would be that you sell me one of these cards at cost plus shipping. PM me if interested. I am a Machinist by trade and could make a really nice looking bracket especialy if you can supply a dimensioned drawing or CADD file (DXF)

Last edited:
I tweaked the sketches in the keystone catalogue for mine. EDIT to add, some of the dimensions in the catalogue are missing, this is the drawing I used with all necessary dimensions included. Also the 1mm steel is slightly too thick for a PC/XT, the standard 0.8mm would probably be better. Note that the bend radius on the top is very tight. Just change the slot and mounting 'ears' as required and should be good :)

Last edited:
Again only the physical card is a reality. However I checked a lot of the signal paths yesterday and they all look sound. Switches, LEDs, MCU USB/DFU boot loader, MCU single wire debug using GDB, JTAG chain on the PLD, SD card detect, and reaching the card over ISA (LEDs). It will be a while before I have much more time to do more.

Offer still stands to Chuck though.

Back