• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Unknown Sears Color RGB monitor Clone? Is this a 1084 clone?

I am not so sure about that. the monitor clearly says "RGB" for that port

I was talking about Twolazy‘s (and my) Panasonic monitor. (You had replied asking if he’d ever tried an RGB source on it.) It has the same physical plug as yours, but totally different function/wiring. Absolutely not RGB.

(Most common, which isn’t very, consumer use of the plug was interconnecting components of those early modular VCR/Tuner/Camera setups.)

Apparently, Taxan RGB monitors used the connector. Maybe you'll be in luck and there will still be some left in stock.
I have an apple II RGB card which recommends TAXAN RGB capable monitors specifically.

Chuck I just made an order so fingers crossed. But the dates were set to 2017 so its not looking good on that site.

I was talking about Twolazy‘s (and my) Panasonic monitor. (You had replied asking if he’d ever tried an RGB source on it.) It has the same physical plug as yours, but totally different function/wiring. Absolutely not RGB.

(Most common, which isn’t very, consumer use of the plug was interconnecting components of those early modular VCR/Tuner/Camera setups.)

Ok Gotcha.

Well, if it matters, I had a look in my "big box o' weird connectors" and found the connector and the backshell. Only labeling on the backshell is "TAIWAN" and "TTT".

Maybe I should put it up on that auction site with @@@RARE@@@?

Well, if it matters, I had a look in my "big box o' weird connectors" and found the connector and the backshell. Only labeling on the backshell is "TAIWAN" and "TTT".

Maybe I should put it up on that auction site with @@@RARE@@@?
or send it to me with the mouseball as soon as I find you an appropriate modern mouse in trade....

I picked up some Dell optical mice for $5 apiece (shipped from Sri Lanka). So no need for mice, other than the ones in my woodpile--and my dogs take care of those.

I have red squirrels in my wood pile.. man those things are fast and jerky, unlike grey squirrels.

Well I am happy to pay for the mouse ball.

Unfortunately our chipmunks are why I cant garden. We have hundreds of them burrowing and eating all th eroots of everything including the lawn... I hate the mangy vermin.

What I could use is one of these front long stem control knows (with a "D" shaped insert for the pot) as its missing one. All of them are pretty beat up and cracked where they connect to the adjustment pot but I can repair those. i am hoping someone has a junk monitor and can sell me one. They are about 6.2 CM long

IMG_20220513_172931.jpgIMG_20220513_173334.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, but at least one of the “other” sites mentions IEC so perhaps they are/were all getting them from the company I linked to.

BTW here is another monitor (Sanyo DMC8500) with a different RGB pinout from both MSX and the first one I posted.

Attachments

• sanyo_dmc8500.jpg
    sanyo_dmc8500.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 10
BTW here is another monitor (Sanyo DMC8500) with a different RGB pinout from both MSX and the first one I posted.
How do you know it has a different pinout?

Anyway I think I found a machine in my dead monitor pile (monitors with no schematics or documentation for the most part) that has the same long control knob. Its a BMC
IMG_20220518_091219.jpg

I took another look and the Sanyo DMC8500 is the same as the Orion CCM-1280, just the connector is flipped in the diagram. The MSX pinout is still different though.

The back of that BMC looks very similar to the Sanyo...

I took another look and the Sanyo DMC8500 is the same as the Orion CCM-1280, just the connector is flipped in the diagram. The MSX pinout is still different though.

The back of that BMC looks very similar to the Sanyo...
Thats why I posted the picture. The board may be quite similar.

Those long-shaft knobs were quite common on hot-chassis TVs and radios for the simple reason that one didn't want a bare metal control shaft sticking out if a knob were to come off. I think I still have a knob or two from an old Zenith TV like that.

Back