• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Update on happenings in the Model 100 world!

TandyMan100

Veteran Member
Hello from the land of Model Ts! Been pretty busy around here lately, and I haven't posted on the VCForums lately (sorry for those who miss my amateur self). There's been some really big things happening in the Model 100 world lately (if you want to read more about these and other happenings, go to www.micro100mag.blogspot.com or www.club100.org :

1. REX2

REX2 is a successor, a 'sequal' if you like, of REX. REX was a flash memory card for the Model 100 that 'emulated' RAM/option ROMs in 32k banks on flash memory. It is a small device that goes in the optROM slot, and requires no hardware enhancement. REX2 is physically similar except for a connected card that goes on the expansion bus of the M100 to provide some required signals. As of now, REX2 is a limited-release non-publically-availiable product made by the fantastic Stephen Adolph. I happen to have one, and might post some pics of the unit and screenies of the software, or maybe even a youtube video!

2. MTCPM

Raise your hand if you have heard of or used CP/M. Okay, put your hands down. How many of you have used CP/M on a vintage portable the size of a binder? Okay, that one guy in the back can put his hand down. MTCPM (Model T Control Program for Microcomputers) is a port of CP/M to the TRS-80 Model 100 series of portables. This is made possible by the new REX2, which has some resources set aside especially for CP/M. AFAIK, MTCPM will be software-compatible to 'mainstream' CP/M, and you should be able to run most (if not all) command-line or text-based applications on it (graphics are iffy on an 8x40 char. screen).

3. Annual Programming Contest!

It's over for this year, but you can still vote on the entries, and prepare for next year (sorry, i forgot to mention this in January. Again, very busy.) More information and contest submittal are available at www.club100.org.

Hooray for shameless promotion, and talk to you all later :)

Back