• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Uploading images not working for me

kc8eyt

Experienced Member
I have a JPG image that is 207KB in size. When I try to include it in a message I'm told the size of 431KB exceeds the 256KB max limit. The file is 207KB in size. Why is the file being seen as 431KB when in fact it's 207KB?

I've tried compressing the image down to 100KB and I'm still told the file size is too large (349KB). What the heck is going on here? Why is this forum forcing a file size requirement for images from the late 90's? What would be wrong with increasing this limit to at least 1MB?

Not that it helps in this instance, but I did not have this issue when uploading a photo yesterday, which would lead me to think that perhaps it is not entirely the forum.

Not that it helps in this instance, but I did not have this issue when uploading a photo yesterday, which would lead me to think that perhaps it is not entirely the forum.

So what could it be then? The old forum software had no issues with my images. Strange how a 100K image file is seen as a 350K file when uploaded? Makes no sense.

Back