• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

URGENT: Seattle: Home needed for a number of old computers!

JNZ

Experienced Member
A coworker in an office in Seattle, in the Fremont area, needs to immediately find someone to adopt a ton of old computers, including a number of Apple computers. If they're not taken they'll be thrown out.

It looks like 30-40 computers and some manuals and accessories: https://imgur.com/a/jPmNdOM

Also if anyone has any recommendations of who to contact (VCF PNW people especially), do let me know!

Also: shipping may become an option, but not right now--they need a place to store them.

I work in Bellevue and live in Shoreline. I will be in downtown Seattle tonight. I am interested in saving some of this, especially the Apple gear. I can't take it all, but I'm happy to help. What's the best way to arrange a pickup?

At the moment it looks like we've found some people to help

These would be great to have a giveaway at the upcoming pnw vcf ( at least for those things that the museum doesn't want. )
It could be a drawing for items that had more than one person wanting it.
Do note that the museum needs to do the legal donation stuff. I know that is a hassle here in California.
Dwight

These would be great to have a giveaway at the upcoming pnw vcf ( at least for those things that the museum doesn't want. )
It could be a drawing for items that had more than one person wanting it.
Do note that the museum needs to do the legal donation stuff. I know that is a hassle here in California.
Dwight

That's a good idea, yeah. At the moment it sounds like one or two people may pick them all up and redistribute them (hopefully). A giveaway as an attraction at an event would be great, to draw more people in.

I've been to the VCF East a few times and loved it. I'd like to make it out to the west-coast or PNW ones, now that I live closer (Utah)

Hi Dwight - we are on it.

Some of the machines may wind up at VCF PNW consignment, which would help support VCF. As sad as it is to be forced to give up a collection like this, some good should come of it. (New homes for machines in particular ...)

And just to clarify, that is if the owner allows it. We are going to ask for explicit permission. Otherwise, we'll redistribute the machines as per his wishes.

Hi Dwight - we are on it.

Some of the machines may wind up at VCF PNW consignment, which would help support VCF. As sad as it is to be forced to give up a collection like this, some good should come of it. (New homes for machines in particular ...)

And just to clarify, that is if the owner allows it. We are going to ask for explicit permission. Otherwise, we'll redistribute the machines as per his wishes.

Sounds great. I should be at the VCF but can't take any more machines. I got scolded for taking a wood box N* home from the MakerFaire.
Dwight

Back