• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

User Account Control (UAC), win 7

....... More than likely you wont be able to fix it from within the corrupted OS. You will need some kind of boot media to load from to try and scan and repair the partition.......
All my attempts to fix the problem within the OS failed, and I decided to not only
reinstall the OS fresh, but also to use a fresh SSD that drastically improved the speed of
the system. Thanks to all great masters (specially Verault) for your help.

ziloo 😊

Retreats to Ikea filled apartment with 3+ cats to play minecraft for 5 more hours before microwaving ready to eat Mac&cheese as they dont have the mental facilities to learn the most basic of cooking (which includes assembling a rudimentary sandwich).
Now, that was unnecessary.

Because of that mind set, the "OK Boomer" phrase was coined.

See, that also was unnecessary!

Now, that was unnecessary.

Because of that mind set, the "OK Boomer" phrase was coined.

See, that also was unnecessary!
That comment was made more than 3 months ago! It wasnt even made at you. It wasnt directed at anyone on this forum. Shame on you for needlessly stirring the pot.

Id say the very late response to an early part of the thread was what was unnecessary.....

"Because of that mind set, the "OK Boomer" phrase was coined." No. Id say that 2 word response is just all they could come up with seeing they have no wit, common sense, or knowledge of anything outside of current pop culture.

Now can we please get back to the gag that the OP is still installing windows months later..... Cummon now catch up.

Last edited:
Now can we please get back to the gag that the OP is still installing windows months later..... Cummon now catch up.
My bet is the OP did two thing: 1) He set up the UAC slider all the way to the top (most stringent setting), and 2) his video driver got borked somehow afterwards.

Then, any change he wanted to make, invoked the UAC prompt, which dims the screen; but his video driver was borked, and so he could not complete the UAC prompt. Therefore, the choices were to either boot with UAC diabled in "rescue mode" (is it even possible in Windows 7?), or do a reinstall.

Hello again to all great masters!

Do you believe I have been visiting the VCF frequently, and
never paid any attention to my own lowly thread and all
your inquiries!!!!

After installing the fresh win7 on my laptop, the mysterious
problem went away. However after reinstalling all my usual application
software, I have decided to do a system backup and prepare a bootable
flash for future mishaps. So my laptop has been idle and silent for
awhile now until I do the backup. Thank you all again for being so
courteous in helping me 😊 . (I also found out just now that software
doesn't have a plural 🤭 🤭 🤭).

ziloo 😊