• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Various Evaluation Module and Prototype Design Photos - Part 2

RSX11M+

Veteran Member
A few years later, after numerous "Development Rescue Jobs", I was rewarded with a permanent management position by a previous client. A couple of highly stressful years ensued, in which I found myself moving further and further from hardware activities.

This would end when we "bought" a Motorola 860-T based design that, as it turned out, didn't work much at all. In the subsequent year, I completely re-designed the board , first to make it work, and then to remove unusable features and replace them with working ones. I changed the type of dynamic memory it used, replaced the 860-T [which became unavailable due to a military requirement] with the 860-P, which was a superior part nobody in the industry had yet qualified for their designs. It's basically an Ethernet router with an embedded application which once ran in a windows based server.

QL-Ethernet_a.jpg

We used vxWorks as an OS, developing under TORNADO.

QL-Etherent_b.jpg

The therapy I received from re-designing this board, saved my life. Were it not for this, I would have had almost no self-satisfaction from that whole work experience.

Back