• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

VAX 9000 MCU unit

Ed Groenenberg

Experienced Member
Something you do not see that often, a VAX 9000 MCU unit, of which 12 MCUs made the processor with an additional 3 for the vector processor
Has the protective cover for the circuits, an the back has no bent or missing pins.
It's heavy (due to the cooling block).

According to Wikipedia, roughly only 50 9000's have been constructed as this system did not sell that well.

Feel free to make an offer via a pm.

VAX9000_mcu_1.jpgVAX9000_mcu_2.jpgVAX9000_mcu_3.jpg

Well, there will always be sudden spurts of technological advances which could jump over existing ideas.

And regarding the MCU, I did held the backplane in my hands where it came from, it was about 1/2 an inch thick, quite heavy, I would say about 25 pounds/ 12 Kg?

VCF itself owns a complete VAX 9000-440 system. Here is a picture of it (the whole aisle!):

VAX [New Jersey]3.jpg

Back