• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

VC Forum - Now with bigger pictures!

Lutiana

Administrator
Staff member
I am pleased to let you all know that we have made some changes around the images system for posts. Most notably we have increased the stored image size to 256Kb, which means that you will no longer have those annoying postage sized images on your posts, and will hopefully reduce the need for external image hosts.

You can upload any image file you like (currently there is a 2Mb limit, but we are planning it increase that to 5Mb) and the forum software will resize the image down to the biggest pixel size that fits within the 256kb limit, this means you end up with a decently sized image that we think will work for most use cases. They won't be huge high res images with tons of detail, but they will be way better than the tiny images we've had in the past.

It's a small change for sure, but one we are hoping will be well received and well liked by all of you.

Attachments

• photo62679.png
    photo62679.png
    282.5 KB · Views: 2
Excellent. Thank you.

I had found that the visual quality of the images sometimes depended on the machine platform I used to view them on for some strange reason.

Anyhow, that aside, positive improvements to the forum are most gratefully received.

Dave

Does this include avatar pictures too? I had to shrink mine to make it work for the new software?

Wait I'm confused. The limit on images prior to the upgrade was 256KB.. Why are we saying its been increased to 256KB??

Wait I'm confused. The limit on images prior to the upgrade was 256KB.. Why are we saying its been increased to 256KB??

No, the image size prior to the upgrade was something like 64kb, which made all the images postage stamp size. I believe this was to try and save space as the previous hosting company had us with limited space. The new host is way more flexible with our space needs.

Back