• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

VCF East 2022 videos no longer accessible - marked as private?

That's pretty standard practice these days for VCF video streams. After the initial stream, they take the footage, clean it up, and cut it down to individual videos for each presentation. We just have to wait for them to repost the processed version, that's all.

I am halfway through watching and can no longer access the recordings of the streams. Is this a bug or a feature?

A feature. We decided to make the live streams private as there was a lot of clutter with setting up, and just people milling about. There was also an issue with the documentary on Sunday not being allowed to be public due to incensing issues. We feel it is better to edit the videos before processing and uploading them. Need some time for the A/V to find the best audio sources, best video cuts, add title screen, etc. Then we will release the individual videos in a few weeks.

I appreciate the work that you put in to shoot all those videos. The production values were vastly better than previous years. I appreciate that you want to present the material nicely but the raw streams could still stay up even while you edit and package (sans the doco). I was happy to watch the milling about or skip over it - it gave a nice sense of being there and is what those watching the live stream would have experienced as well. Good luck with editing.

Back